Frogg Toggs Rain Gear

C

curtrein

Hey Guys:
Was looking at getting my daughter a set of the Frogg Toggs Rain Gear for spring/summer fishing. Does anyone have any experience with this brand? Seems incredibly cheap. Just wondering if anybody cares to share their 2 cents. Thanks

I just threw out my set that I had for 10 years !
I bought another set ,so we'll see how long this one lasts
LouM introduced me to the rain gear
Maybe he will chime in
For the price you can't beat it ,plus they are waterproof LOL, and you can fold them up and put it in your vest

Got both of my daughters the packable rain coat and pants a few years ago for like $12. They hate the color ( Lime green), but performance wise I think they work really well.

I have had it for a while and really like it

If you fish in a boat, standing in open water, or you're sitting on the porch its great. if you're around brush or anything else pokey, you can forget it! They don't hold up for a hill of beans! I've blown up two pairs almost immediately. They'd be great for a guy in a float tube/raft or kayak kind of fishing, or a boat.

I'm a tradesman who works outside for a living. I use frog toggs exclusively at work because the breathe well and are cheap. go through a pair every 2 years or so. they will tear easily and won't hold up to a heavy sustained rain all day. but its better than sweating to death in pvc or tearing a $200+ gore tex on a piece of metal. that being said i use gore tex for fishing. the fish don't care if its raining and neither do i (usually…). my fishing time is precious and briars will destroy the toggs. but for a kid you can't go wrong. be careful ordering on the internet they sell sets and jackets alone. sometimes they show pics of the set but you are really only getting the jacket.

Inexpensive, breath well, and waterproof. I agree with most of what has already been said.

They are not as comfortable and don't hold up as well as the more expensive Gore-Tex style garments.

Depending on your needs and your means they could be the right choice for you.

I have a jacket that I use in cool weather. Like it a lot.

A have a pair of pants I bought for a multi-day hiking trip in Yellowstone. I've never worn them but they were light to carry and gave my piece of mind.

Great by for the money, on my third casting jacket and the three of them is 1/2 the cost of the leading jacket. If the airlines wouldnt loose baggage and i wouldnt rip them i'd be on my first jacket purchased 8 years ago.

If I wouldn't rip every pair I buy I'd still have them too LOL!

Junk for the average person. Great for the folks who aren't into beating the brush when the weathers bad!

Back