fresh off the vise

evw659

evw659

this hot weather has been keeping me off the stream so i have been tying a TON of flies. i thought i would share some, comments welcome and can give recipes if anybody wants.mini hotsptcdc n elkslate comparadun
>
DSCN0606.jpg
front viewcdc biot midge emergerstimulatorparachute ant
articulated streamers
hornberg
trico spinner
giant stonefly
iso nymph
side view
bottom view
fur ant
gd nymph
bottom view

Very well done. It seems that you're ready for any fishing situation. What is the tailing on that Iso nymph?

What is the tailing on that Iso nymph?
black embroidery floss coated in glue so they stay in place and hold up to fish. its what aaron jasper uses on his iso nymph.

Nice ties.

We should set up a SBS sub forum in the tying forum for people who want to share patterns etc.

Nice flies.

If you wouldn't mind could you PM me the recipe for the flies in the first Pic. I really like the looks of those.

John

The recipe should be on flyfisherman.com somewhere as it was recently on the tiers bench article in the june/july issue.

If you wouldn't mind could you PM me the recipe for the flies in the first Pic. I really like the looks of those.

go to www.charliesflybox.com, click the "flybox" choice on the right side of the page, and sift through the pages until you find it, its called garcias mini hot. theres a tutorial and lots of other great fly patterns and tutorials on that site

Thanks

John

Really like those parachute ants and the flies in the first pic as well.

Back