FREE Spare tip CZN 11' 4 wt

Tigereye

Tigereye

Well the lehigh claimed another rod on me. Broke the section below the tip (3rd section). Butt section, second section and tip are still in well used but good shape. Anyone need a spare tip or parts for your broken rod these are free to good home. You pay actual shipping or pick up in person. This is for the cabelas CZN 10' 4 wt 4 piece.

Leave PM. Thanks

I have the 11' 4WT and haven't used it much at all for high stick/Euro nymphing. Have you been happy with the performance of yours?

To me it lacked the " feel" I believe necessary for a true euro nymph rod. However, I would use it to lob a drop shot Indy on a mono rig and for that purpose it excelled on larger waters. I have a number of rods capable of fishing that style and this by far was the best.

The " stiffness", length, and weight made it an ideal rod for indicator nymphing larger waters in my humble opinion.

I would cut off the monorig and behind it was a WF5F. Attach a 9 ft tapered leader and it would fling dry flies much better than it had a right to. Many days I would indy in the afternoon and switch to drys in the evening with very little fuss running back to car for another rod or changing reels or spools for that matter.

I got this one about 7-8 years ago for 100 on sale. I believe you can get one now for about 150 if you wait for sales and use cabelas club discounts.

They are a good rod for the price. Not a Sage ESN but not $1000 either. I have nothing bad to say about it and would recommend one to anybody. There were grumblings about them being prone to breakage, but this one was a work horse. Breaking it was all on me as I speared a large rock with it while trying to navigate some slippery boulders.

That’s awesome. Of the few times I’ve fished it, I’d have to say that your thoughts are fairly consistent with what I experienced. It seems like a decent rod for “larger” waters and doing exactly what you mentioned. To me, that’s a Penns, UD or other “larger” waterway for eastern PA. It’s good to know it’ll toss dries with ease!

Back