FREE reel from orvis!

ryguyfi

ryguyfi

just got an email from the Neshannock fly shop... orvis has a great deal going.

http://www.ncflyshop.com/20650_mailer.pdf

That is a very good deal! Orvis makes some nice rods but i really love their reels! If i was in the market for another rod or had the money i would buy this up.

why does this make me want to buy a rod that i dont need at all :)

i always want to buy a new rod. I need one cause i only own one but lmfao, if i owned 20 id still want a new one :p

I think if anyone out there doesnt own an orivs made rod, but is looking for a new rod, here is a good reason to get one. While iam partial to Orvis Superfines, im positive the other rods are of good quality and they all have that great customer service.

Yow, for just about another $120 you can add a TLS to the large arbor reel.

I'd be real irked 'bout this considering I just bought a new Orvis reel, except it's not part of the offer.

Wish I had the spare cash to take advantage, anyways. Oh well, next time.

Wow - that is a good deal. I just picked up a Battenkill Mid-arbor - I hope to string it up this weekend and take it out. I have always liked Orvis reels since I bought my first Battenkill reel a few years ago. I never owned one of there rods, butthe Helios sure looks sweet...

Sounds like a great deal. I fished with Orvis gear and I liked how it felt.

ryguy,

I got the same email and attended their eduacational event a few weeks ago. Loved the gear and am interested in the orvis superfine rod. I was wondering if anyone knew anything about that rod because I called orvis and they said a steelhead would break it. Being a PA fisherman i want a versatile rod... can anyone confirm or deny this.

www.orvis.com

You would not want to use a Superfine for Steelhead, that rod is made for chasing small stream fish.

If you are looking for a Steelhead rod, you'd need something with much more backbone. 9-9'6 ft 7 wt or 10 ft 6wt would be ideal for steelhead.

A 9ft 5wt is the most versitile rod for all species of fish here in PA, although it may not be most ideal depending on where you fish and what species you're targeting.

If you can let everyone know where you fish and what you fish for, I'm sure you can get good recommendations. Also, go back to the fly shop and talk with Bob about rod recommendations. He'll steer you in the right direction. Good shop, good guy.

thanks Jay I was worried you would say that. That orvis superfine is awesome i really wnat it LOL. Amen to the good shop good guy comment. I don't think i have been to a better shop with better help.

International Angler in Robinson is a great store too with equally good service. I go there for or Neshannock for my larger purchases.

Bob & Chuck @ International Angler will also treat you right.

Thanks for the great tips guys very helpful. I actually got out today and had a great day of fishing. Caught my first golden trout (Palamino). There was an awesome caddis hatch coming off the water and I killed em all day with tandum olive and tan caddis larvae. I will definitely be checking out that Robinson store.

sweet avitar mjv... I always call Bob at the Neshannock fly shop before I head up... stream conditions and hatch activity. He's always willing to give out info. I stop in and buy some materials when I'm at the shop too... I don't spend much, but I like to support him for his services. 724-533-3212... programed in my phone... lol. I saw the caddis hatch on Saturday and couldn't get a strike on a caddis... amazing.

Back