free leader

M

maxima12

leaders on the way. some of you gentlemen sent me your email address. please send address. it makes it easier to send the leaders. i will be away for a month. please remember. leaders will be sent.

bam wanted all wets. bam i will be offering free wets in the future. i sent you dry's. you can give them away if you will not use them.

the most wanted was the 1/2 and 1/2 leader. some chameleon and some clear. it got complicated, so i decided to send you all 1 of each.

look forward to sending more leaders. johnfave@hotmail.com

maybe some of you good ole boys know a person who has it tough right now. put them on the list.

your friend. maxima

Got mine today, thanks alot maxima. They look great!

Got mine too. They were shipped in a nice box, and were individually packaged. They look nice.

I will see about trying them this weekend and will be sure to report back.

Thanks Maxima. You tie a mean blood knot.

Maxima,

thanks for the leaders. I just got them today. As JayL said, you tie a damn good blood knot. Thanks again. I can't wait to try them out with the warm up.

Same here. email sent.

Got mine too, very nice, I'll let ya know how things go this weekend.

thanks fellows;

maxima

Max........where is Picture Rocks Pa? sound familiar , i'm like cow****, i'm all over the place , and that place sounds like somwhere i've been.

Mine arrived last night- Thanks very much- very well done.

Maxima,
Thank you for my leaders. Got the package on Friday.

maxima,

I will enjoy these. You couldn't have timed it any better. I was just cleaning and turning the DT line on my 3 wt reel (ross evolution, coincidentally) when the mailman delivered your Evolution Leaders...one went straight on the reel!

Sincere thanks...I look forward to putting them to the test!

David

i used them over the weekend....can't say enough about these...the best i have ever fished that were hand tied...you make me not want to tie my own anymore!! thanks again!!

will be back on the 15th. look for leaders in the mail soon after. thanks for all the kind words and comments.

maxima

I just got my leaders today... as everyone has said they look fantastic!

I have 2 questions for you.

First, how do you tie your loops. I think I'm going to impliment a loop to loop connection on my leaders this year.

And second... what do you sell your leaders for? If I don't start tying my own, I might purchase some.

Thank you again!

Ryan,

If I remember right, it was a perfection loop.

Loop to loop is the only way to go, IMO. Nail knots blow.

i used to think that nail knots sucked too till i got a tying tool...its fast and easy and i can ty a full leader is 10 to 15 min with this tool. they are cheap too!

Attachments

• knot tool.jpg
    knot tool.jpg
    4.5 KB · Views: 2
I make a loop in my fly line and whip finish/knotsense it. A leader change is a matter of a minute now. For all the times I switch back and forth between sink tips, it's crucial, but I also enjoy being able to switch between my nymph leaders and my dry fly leaders at will.

I tie a connector loop onto the end of the flyline, it's smaller than a loop in the flyline and doesn't catch as much.

many different ways to connect , some will argue that loop to loop loses too much energy for dry fly casts , and hinges too much , i don't see a problem with it , i am with jay L here we both like the cortland braided loop fly line connector ...lmao

i use the tool above for nail knot , but i use it to connect different size tippets together , just tie a nail knot and turn the tool arround and tie another creating a back to back nail knot and pull both running lines together to cinch it and trim tag ends , someone had a video of a demo on the tool ,

Back