free leader

sometimes a blind squirrel can find a nut

thank you jayl. good we have 2 brains.

your friend. maxima

You got it. It's neat that we've both arrived at similar conclusions. I'll take that to mean we have a decent chance of being on the right track.

I also rig up for Salmon with a barrell swivel to attach the tippet. Usually I will leave the tag from the tippet instead of the heavier leader so if I do have a break off then it's usually below the swivel.

I tried the barrel swivel this year for steelhead but didn't like where I positioned it. I ended up not really using it for it's purpose. I'll have to change it up a bit next year. But then again, I didn't have too many times fishing where I used more than 1 shot this year so it didn't come into play.

have rigged many times with the shot dropped off tag , i really like the match book weight , they get hung up less and your line lays flater and more at the same level if u will as the weight , in otherwards the weight doesn't sink to the bottom and the fly swings up (unless of course if thats what u want then use split)

ryguyfi wrote:
I tried the barrel swivel this year for steelhead but didn't like where I positioned it. I ended up not really using it for it's purpose. I'll have to change it up a bit next year. But then again, I didn't have too many times fishing where I used more than 1 shot this year so it didn't come into play.

I don't know if the baby will change your plans, but I will show you places on the salmon river where this rig excels, and you WILL need weight.

Thanks maxima, outstanding offer. E-mail sent

Back