free leader

M

maxima12

i would like to give you a leader. trying to keep it as simple as possible. i will offer this.

9ft. 5x dry fly leader in all chameleon, chameleon and clear, or all clear.

specify what type, camo, 1/2 and 1/2 or clear.

johnfave@hotmail.com

will ship ist week in april.

contact john fave p o box 406 picture rocks pa 17762. if request by mail, enclose self add. env. with postage, but not necessary.

your friend, maxima

Very kind of you. If anyone hasn't tried one of these leaders I'd take him up on this. They are nice leaders.

tomgamber, your getting 6 dude. all i need is your address. what type

John,

I am still looking for a dry fly leader that I like.

I will give them a shot. 1/2 and 1/2. I sent an email.

I'd love a leader, or two, or however many you want to give me! Will email.
-Mike

maxima ,
do u mostly use surgeons knots or blood knots or depending on diameter of leaders being used , do you gradually step down all leaders or just dry fly leader ?

troutslammer i am a blood knot guy. if going more than .003 dia. you have no choice but to use a surgeons knot. too much slippage on a blood knot, plus the blood knot will not seat correctly. i do taper on dry and wet leaders. when i build leaders the first step is presentation. a proper leader construction should roll over. you don't even need a rod for this. grab the butt and throw. the leader should roll over . performance, the fly is just a pretty picture. why don't you send a e mail for a freebie. really nice turnover on these leaders. maxima

Max........that is very generous of you , love the attitude dude , did y'all ever do a leader swap on here , like the fly swaps?

I like your style max.

A good way to tie blood knots on fine leader material is to double over each end of the leader before tying. This creates bulk and the knot won't slip,you'll just have a small tag running parallel to the leader that will need trimming. Bloods work on materials that have drastically different diameters as well.... just double over the end of the thin material before tying. Works great.

max,

i will try one , that is a very nice jesture of you , probably hooking me then your gonna reel me in ......no pun intended !!

YOU GUYS A SOMETHING ELSE. THIS PLACE IS GREAT. I REALLY CAN'T REMEMBER CHATTING TO A BETTER BUNCH OF GUYS.

THE FREE LEADER IS A GESTURE OF THANKS TO MEETING NEW FRIENDS. THE LEADER WON'T LAST FOREVER. BUT, ON THE OTHERHAND FRIENDSHIP, THAT'S ANOTHER STORY.

MAXIMA

I'll be ordering more closer to april, right now i got in over 10,000 hooks to list next week. alot of old mustad ###'s

Max, you are very generous. I'll surely try one. Will send an email.

i'd like to give the leader a try i'll send an e-mail

Max

This is very nice of you, I would like to give one a try. Will send you an email!.

Thank you!
PaulG

Thank you Max you are a gentleman, I would love to try one . Email sent.

Thanks again.

Jules

I just started to attempt to build my own leaders this year for steelhead. I know we had a few posts on here with some good advice on building our own leaders with size charts and materials used for each section... Care to enlighten us Maxima on some of your ideas on leader building without giving away any "secrets"?

really no secrets. blood knots almost always used. double surgeons knots when greater diff. in dia. more than .003. good taper. i like a 3 ft. .020 to start.

on a steelhead leader ihe sky is the limit. generally a lot of diff, set ups.

my thinking on steelhead leaders are a short leader and a long leader.

4 footer and 10 footer.

what about trying this. add a barrel swivel and leave a 5 inch tag. add a split to the tag. attach proper tippet. if hung up the shot will slip off the tag. just a thought.

some red amnesia for the butt sections.

what is your set up. maxima

maxima,

You basically just described my steelhead and salmon rig. I even use the barrel swivel in NY so that the DEC of NY can check my rig from afar, without making me wade to the shore.

I use the shot dropper. I add an overhand knot to keep the shot in place.

I also use a butt of amnesia.

2.5-3 ft 25lb amnesia->3-6 ft 15lb mono->1-4ft 4-10lb fluoro.

Back