Free Flyrod - Newbies Only

goodfortune

goodfortune

I have a like-new fly rod (used only once), that I would like to donate to a beginner, looking for his or her 1st fly rod.

The rod is a 9 foot, 2-piece, Albright GP 5/6 wt. It is a medium-action rod, and casts well with a 5 wt line. Send me a PM if interested; just pay for shipping.

This site has helped me a great deal when I first started fly-fishing, and up until now; this is a small way to “pay it forward” to someone who is just starting out.

MODs – if you would rather have this post in the “Swap Forum,” please move – thanks.

Classy move, bud!

Classy move, bud!

Co-sign

///re-registers a new name to introduce myself to paflyfish :lol:

Kind thought Mike - kudos.

Hopefully the rod will find a new home with a new FFer here on Paff and get lots of use.

Very, very cool. I've been fishing for a year and a half now, and through that time I've very very deeply appreciated every free bit of advice and tied flies. This gift would really help a new member out

This type of generosity is kind of what made me join this site. I know that sounds wrong, but believe me I did not join looking for free stuff. What I mean by the first sentence, is there is no forum on Earth I'd rather be, then a place where the people you talk to as strangers, eventually become part of your family. I am new to fly fishing, but I don't need a rod. I have a 8'6 5wt rod with a 5wt reel I bought at Ollies. Thank you for making me smile! :)

Mike,
Your a class act. Very nice jesture. GG

I was the lucky recipient of the free rod and truly appreciate the act of kindness. I havent had the chance to use it yet but march is right around the corner!!! THank you again Mark...hope all went well with the move!

You can't wait until March.

Back