Foxgap239 - Witch-Doctor?

djs12354

djs12354

Met with Heritage Angler, Delta_Dog and Jason at the Little Lehigh yesterday to do some fishing. Fox was thinking of joining us, but was trapped into domestic duties. I suspect he was jealous and took out the VooDoo kit, because it turned into a day of minor disasters.

We headed for some lunch, joined by Gfen who showed up at the fly shop, and while talking in the parking lot, watched someone back their van into HA's pickup. Minor damage to HA's baby, fortunately. But that killed an hour waiting for the police to show up and get an accident report done.

While gearing up, HA dropped the spool of his reel, which managed to drop perfectly to cut six feet off a brand new line!

Next we headed back to the LL and spread out to do some fishing. I managed to get this guy and missed three or four of his siblings. Just as the fish started to rise with more regularity, the tip of my rod broke! Disgusted and figuring I should get it dealt with rather than getting out the backup rod, I headed for Cabela's. (See post in Gear Talk)

Speaking with HA later, he told me of Delta_Dog's injuring his ankle when a large rock rolled, trapping his ankle between two boulders!

Driving home, Joy called to let me know that she had cut a tire and was over at Sam's Club getting it replaced!

Damn you Fox and your VooDoo dolls! :)

Attachments

• LL Brown 04 28 2012B.jpg
    LL Brown 04 28 2012B.jpg
    100.2 KB · Views: 5
You learn quickly! I too blame the Fox.

He has powerful mojo.

Fear the Fox.

Attachments

• grumpy fox.jpg
    grumpy fox.jpg
    24.4 KB · Views: 2
explains why i didn't see you people when i got back. when i started moving back up stream, i saw someone i was wasn't prepared to deal with so i left instead.

Heritage-Angler wrote:

He has powerful mojo.

Fear the Fox.

And that is why I will offer him Donuts in tribute next week.

Or sheep entrails. I can't decide.

gfen wrote:
i saw someone i was wasn't prepared to deal with

Yup - The nutcase was looking for you. He asked for your contact info again. I told him you didn't have a phone, and were living out of your vehicle - a pink Mini Cooper.

Gave serious thought to telling him you were looking to sell that $800 bamboo rod, but just decided to run away before he could follow me.

Did I do OK? :lol:

djs12354 wrote:

Driving home, Joy called to let me know that she had cut a tire and was over at Sam's Club getting it replaced!

Wow, your wife has the correct name....my wife woulda called to tell me the tire was cut and I had to deal with it.

That will teach you guys to make fun of the Fox!

you did the correct thing. truth is, i won't give my phone # to people because i hate the damned thing and don't want it to ring, much less for things that don't involve hospital visits.

i'd at best give him an email address, but i assume he doesn't do that.

i'd trade my my SB for his quad he hated so very much. probably won't cut that deal although he was talking about giving it away for a write off.

one day i'll go back to the stupid LL (sucks) and i'll throw it in my car. i bet i can engineer a sweet trade for one of the other quads in the back of his car.

Maurice,

Joy's name fits her more than you know. When she found out she had to deal with NJ licensing inspection all weekend instead of a 'to do list", I got: "I guess you will be able to fish all weekend".

She's a treasure.

Maurice wrote:
djs12354 wrote:

Wow, your wife has the correct name....my wife woulda called to tell me the tire was cut and I had to deal with it.

Foxgap239 wrote:
That will teach you guys to make fun of the Fox!

I'll have holy water and garlic ready for next weekend! Preemptive strike on the Fox as soon as I see him.......

With the way Djs has been fishing he is soon going to graduate from us beginners

Despite the perilous day with all its mishaps, seems like you guys are at least finding one fun thing to do: Mess with Fox. You have also provided me with a good bit of information: Don't mess with Fox.

Back