Forum Changes

JackM wrote:
People who know me well on this site, would not be upset from the loss of my fly fishing acumen and willingness to share it even if it rubs against the grain.

You received me with open arms on my first post on this forum Jack, one thing I can say about you is that you are absolutely NOT a smartass.... :roll:

I don't really post a whole lot on here, but I do enjoy reading your input and opinions, so I for one would be upset at your loss.

Jacks not going away. GG

Officer and a Gentleman:

"I got no where to go!"

That's all we need.....Another 4 years of Jack.

Sasquatch, I'd also say that people should only post on Swap Forum if they really want to sell the item. There's been a few times where I basically said "TAKE MY MONEY NOW", and the member ended up not selling it even when I offered to drive hours to get them. It's either A) they want to rip me off via Paypal or B), they just testing the market....

DanL wrote:
Sasquatch, I'd also say that people should only post on Swap Forum if they really want to sell the item. There's been a few times where I basically said "TAKE MY MONEY NOW", and the member ended up not selling it even when I offered to drive hours to get them. It's either A) they want to rip me off via Paypal or B), they just testing the market....

That SUCKS. I say minimum post count before "Swap" becomes available ;-)

I think the fiberglass forum is like that, a minimum post count before you can participate in the want ads. keeps out the rift raft.

Monday morning, 10/10/16, we will be rolling out a few forum changes. Some will be new familiar forums, some brand new and some modifications to existing ones as well.

I want to thank everyone for their patience and feedback over the last few weeks. Quite a few people shared a lot of good ideas. I had many of these in mind and matched up to some ideas I have been waiting to move on.

The mods as always helped balanced out the right approach and thank them for their help. This is a community for all us fly fishing anglers and hope these additions and changes help us all out.

It's hard to please everyone in these situations and forums are a beast all of their own. We have been successful in offering a place for many in the region to share and give back to sport. Thank you for participating and hope you enjoy the changes.

dkile,

Is stream reports now members-only? I cannot open individual stream report threads unless I am logged in.

It seems the "attach file" feature was removed on the new "off stream" forum. Just letting you (moderators) know.

I like the changes, by the way. Seems you've managed to get some long-missing people posting again, Dave, so the changes seem favorable to many

sarce wrote:
dkile,

Is stream reports now members-only? I cannot open individual stream report threads unless I am logged in.

Yes. It's under a section for members only.

The_Sasquatch wrote:
I like the changes, by the way. Seems you've managed to get some long-missing people posting again, Dave, so the changes seem favorable to many

I agree. Really like the changes.

Thanks for the feedback.

Yes you must be logged in to read the stream reports. Something we are going to try for a while.

I DEFINITELY applaud that move! Google is a powerful tool, especially as it concerns "sensitive' streams!

dkile wrote:
Thanks for the feedback.

Yes you must be logged in to read the stream reports. Something we are going to try for a while.

Looking good Dave thank you for your time.

Back