Forbidden Lehigh County park?

J55tyger88

J55tyger88

The Lehigh County Conservation Demonstration Project is a public park (to my knowledge) and has a 4 acre pond in the middle of it. From word of mouth there is some nice fishing to be had, but my question to you is...

Has anyone been here, or fished this pond?

How do I access it? Found a single road that comes close but its posted at the entrance.

The benefit for me is its 5 min down the road. Would love to take my family here, but it seems it might be off limits. Im gonna call Lehigh parks and recs but was curious if you SEPA guys know of this place.

Not sure if this the correct thread location, sorry if not.

Never heard of it.

I think my co worker reffered to it as Lake X. Its in Vera Cruz, if that helps.

Chaz wrote:
Never heard of it.

I know, it's hard.

http://bit.ly/18z5xho

:lol:

Been a long time since I fished that pond.

There's a small parking area just off the road, but you can't see it through the tree line.

It's about a quarter mile walk to get to the pond from the parking area. There's a patch of woods that borders the NE side of the pond, and there's an elaborate wooden "boardwalk" that runs through the woods. If memory serves me correctly, that boardwalk was built by work details from the county prison system.

The pond has an open and elevated shoreline for about half it's circumference - easy access to the water, and lots of casting room. It's not very deep either.

Lots of panfish, and the occasional LMB. Easy fishing for kids, but a bit of a long walk to get to the pond.

Never saw anyone else fishing there, and never had any problems accessing it. I don't remember street names, but I do remember heading West from the main intersection in Vera Cruz to get there.

You can see this pond clearly from the NE Extension of the turnpike.

Oh that place, I stumbled on it last spring, but it has no name or signage. Then again maybe not, but it is very close to the RR tunnel.
If it was really a conservation project why didn't they tak eout the pond and restore the creek?

Back