For new tiers

lv2nymph

lv2nymph

I've recently come into some furs. ( through the good graces of my wife )What I ended up with is rabbit, mink, bleached muskrat, bleached fox, raccoon, & shorn beaver. What I'd like to do is help those of you that have just started tying and are in need of building a material base. Pm your address to me and I will send you a nice piece of each of these furs. You pay shipping, which shouldn't be but a dollar or two I would think. When I get them sent out I'll let any one who wants to do this know the exact amount. I haven't even started cutting it up yet but will do this from the first pm until it runs out. In order that the pm's come in.
Happy tying,
Jack

Jack, you are a class act. Wonders never cease. How lucky am I to stumble on to this forum and meet such fantastic people.

GenCon

You the man.

Good on you, Jack.

Thanks Jack

Jack the Furby !
Naw just doesn't have zing!
Oh well good fer ya any-hoo !

;-)

Thanks jack, I just got my mail and couldn't figure out what was in this package,then I saw the furs. Jack your a hell of a guy,thanks. I hope to tie some of those muskrat nymphs,[i think you showed tiger how to tie],before we come up on friday

Nice Mic! Git R Doooooone!

Thats stand up by you Jack. Wish I could join Team Gencon this weekend but i have a friend getting deployed and wanna spend some time with him before.

Mike, you're welcome hope you enjoy it. Looking forward to getting on the stream with you again. If you only have a little tying time use the dark brown mink first.
Tyger, would've been really cool if you coulda made it. We're gonna get out one of these times.

I got a nice package in the mail yesterday that will be shared with the PHWFF Erie Guys and Gals Thanks Jack

You're welcome Skip, I know they'll make good use of it.

Just saw this and very thoughtful Jack ... excuse me for my ignorance but what ties would we use fur for?

Why am I not surprised. Top notch gesture Jack!

Stagger_Lee wrote:
Just saw this and very thoughtful Jack ... excuse me for my ignorance but what ties would we use fur for?

Really anything you want, dubbing that is not synthetic is some kind of fur that is processed and died to specific colors and placed in bags. Fur is nothing more than dubbing in it's original package.

Thanks Gene...

From that assortment of furs you'll get various colors and textures that you can use for a great variety of nymphs and dry flies.

Lv2 wrote:

Really anything you want, dubbing that is not synthetic is some kind of fur that is processed and died to specific colors and placed in bags. Fur is nothing more than dubbing in it's original package.

I swear sometimes when I'm doing things on my own I have to step out of the comfort zone. Such a non-conformist in many ways yet a conformist in others. Only thought of dubbing as the packaged dubbing.

I'm still so new to this but I basically see/watch a recipe to a pattern and stick to it. When I think of dubbing it is always synthetic packaged type cause that is what the recipe calls for.

Funny thing is my wife was an art major/design minor and still paints yet I am so un-creative. Going to start switching it up to make different patterns or should I say similiar patterns different!

Stagger_Lee wrote:
Lv2 wrote:

Only thought of dubbing as the packaged dubbing.

That's good marketing. It's a mind set or way of thinking if you will. Just keep tying and fishing and you'll start making connections on imitative and attractor types of flies and what materials will do for each of them to make them more effective. It'll click one thing after another, take it in little pieces at a time.

Jack's da man ... so when I get'em I'll just dub'em on like regular dubbing .. sub it out and get creative.

Yep, mix different colors and textures for different effects. Have a look see at this: Book mark it.

http://ukflydressing.proboards.com/thread/4046

Back