Flying van at the Tully

O

outsider

I decided to fish at the paper mill where the Cacoosing Creek enters. So I was fishing for 5 minutes facing upstream when all of a sudden I see a van come flying through the trees and into the water. The bank there is quite high and steep. I immediately called 911 and directed them to the accident. Some other fishermen came along and went down the bank to assist the driver. When I left they were removing the back seats to take the driver out through the rear of the vehicle. Police took my name, etc. and I gave them a description of what happened. A bit unnerving, I headed home.

Dang.
Hope there were no serious injuries.

It seems like I (we?) see a lot of traffic accidents while fishing.

Yes, these kinds of events are unnerving the first couple of times, but in SE Pa you kind of get used to it as a matter of course. Spend enough time along, in, or on the water, or driving to or from the waters of the SE and sometimes you feel like the world is gunning for you. Any variety of things can happen, and many times they have. The Boy Scouts were right...be prepared! Glad the vehicle missed you.

Bummer. I bet that put the fish down for over an hour.

salvelinus wrote:
An elderly man could have died, so I don't think an attempt at humor is appropriate.

I disagree, we find humor in much darker situations than this one. Nothing inappropriate about it.

I didn't know him.

If this would have occurred last Sunday, the ending might not have been so happy. Water was much higher

I've found a badger hackled candy apple red vette appropriate for those hatches. TDE only. GG

Had a tree fall next to me once. Appeared to be a healthy tree to. No wind either; just fell.

Which is worse, getting hit by a tree or a van?

At least if I get hit with a van it should be over instantly, I'd think.

ryansheehan wrote:
salvelinus wrote:
An elderly man could have died, so I don't think an attempt at humor is appropriate.

I disagree, we find humor in much darker situations than this one. Nothing inappropriate about it.

If the guy died, then I'd agree with Sal, but apparently he didn't. Therefore I agree with ryan. Since when does "could have," matter.

I got hit by a truck when I was 18 and "could have" been killed, but fortunately it was a Chevy so the truck took the worst of it.

BTW, I couldn't help but notice the guy was from "Sinking Springs." You just can't make that stuff up.

I would of checked my pants after that one .

Outsider, the big question is, did you catch anything?

Did I catch any fish in the whole 5 minutes I fished before that incident? No. Wish I could have fished today, but had dr. appointments.

Fortuitous your being in the right spot right time. Making the call may have saved a life. God bless you.

outsider wrote:
Did I catch any fish in the whole 5 minutes I fished before that incident? No. Wish I could have fished today, but had dr. appointments.

The question was a joke, but I'd say you caught your limit that day.

Ditto what fishbait said.

Well, here is something to think about:

I was delayed getting to the Tully. I accidently shredded my leader at home (had a hissy fit about it) so I stopped at TCO (1/2 mile from my home) and picked up a leader. Yes I do have some leaders at home but I like to replace asap. Then when I got to the Tully I stopped at another location to fish. Don't know why I didn't fish there, because I know there are fish there. After all, I stocked them. So I proceeded to the paper mill. Apparently I was supposed to be there at that moment. That is what I believe, as I have faith.

Back