Flycraft

FFChineseman

FFChineseman

Just wanted to see if anyone has heard anything or have any advises before I buy this boat. See link:
https://www.flycraftusa.com/

It will be used primarily for the upper D system. I like the way it looks/functions just have not seen many reviews.

Thank you for the inputs!

Inflatables have come a long way, my pontoon is Creek Company, if you're shopping and just want to check out the competition,..

Creek Company

those flycrafts look first class. I personally would love to have one of those

Well, I'll give you my 2 cents, since you asked.
Looks to be a very nice boat. Pretty expensive in my view, but that is all relative, depending on how much money you have.
I see a boat for sale on this site...Scadden 3 man raft - Assault XXX 13ft
I have a Scadden Assault. It is a one man boat. The one above is for 2 and can do 3 people when desired.
All I will tell you is that these boats are truly rugged from my experiences on the Lehigh, Susky and Delaware.
I believe you would do well to at least look into the Scadden before you commit the money for the FlyCraft.
FYI...the Assault XXX is selling for a couple hundred more than what I paid for my 1 man boat....looks like a really good deal to me.

I have no affiliation with the Scadden company nor the seller above.
Just what I have experienced and my own opinion. Good luck.

If I may ask a few questions.....

What makes that boat more appealing to you than a traditional raft?
Transportation of the boat would be in a truck bed, trailer or both?

The boat is very similar to the Stealthcraft Hooligan and the Saturn kayak raft. All 3 models have very modest rocker which makes them class II capable but I wouldn't feel comfortable going any more than that. Flycraft & Stealthcraft are quite expensive while the Saturn is less than 2/3 the cost. Some of the Scaddens have more rocker and Aire rafts / NRS rafts have even more rocker which lends itself to higher class rapid use and better handling.

I can't tell you anything about Flycraft. I have a Scadden Asst XX two man. I've had it for six years and have no problems. I did add longer carbon/fiber oars two years ago.

Good luck with your new boat, whatever you decide.

I flycraft looks similar to the Scadden XTC2 which is close to 2/3 the price.
The flycraft looks pretty sweet but not built for rugged whitewater...they don't even come with lean bars. One unannounced back row while standing up and see ya...
The flycraft is lighter but not by a huge difference...so maybe helpful if you have a really long trek from car to water.
I could see it work for floating smaller waters, creeks essentially, that you don't need to float but can be advantageous in high water and lack of public access...but again the other less expensive more rugged boats like the Scadden I mentioned and others mentioned here...
2 cents

thank you all for your inputs. I just got the boat today and will bring it up to the Delaware next week. I will report back with my first hand experience. ( I like the boat, as it advertises, for its portability). I can assemble/disassemble it fairly quickly and it can be folded into something I can even put into a big luggage.

thank you!!

Good luck with your new boat. I didn't realize you had already bought your new one when you first posted.

Yeah, thinking the thread should have said "just bought this....any thoughts" LOL

Congrats on the new ride and be careful at the higher flows. Things happen fast and don't forget you must wear PFD until May 1st

"you must wear PFD until May 1st" on inflatables? I think the PFBC rules on my solo pontoon say must be worn at all times.

henrydavid wrote:
"you must wear PFD until May 1st" on inflatables? I think the PFBC rules on my solo pontoon say must be worn at all times.

Like a seat belt - just wear it all the time

Back