Fly Tying Equipment - Bass Pro Shop

NewSal wrote:

Its funny that mostly everone that gets into fly fishing / tying feels almost embarrassed to tie a green weenie, when in reality no modern nymph fisherman will have a box without green weenies, mop flies, worms and eggs of all sorts of shapes and sizes. Junk flies work, so don't be afraid to tie up a bunch of green weenies and fish em.

This is a distinctly Pennsylvanian point of view.

I actually live in Somerset now, there are closer streams, but a lot of the ones in Westmoreland are overfished. I don't think I ever went to the delayed harvest section of the Loyalhanna without a few people in the stream (it's not that large of a section). So, I usually travel a bit to fishing. There is more room up here in Somerset, I've been fishing in Laurel Hill Creek a bunch, but you just don't see the same hatches you would up in Altoona/State College areas. There is more bug life in Somerset than Latrobe/Ligonier area though. I don't think I ever saw a mayfly in Ligonier/Latrobe...and I went out pretty frequently. Plus the streams got too hot come end of May...

Back