Fly Tyer's Dungeon

tztrout

tztrout

Putting together an order of a bit of everything- any feedback on the quality of the products? The prices sure are attractive!

the quality is excellent for the materials that come in the "christmas box".

other materials should be no different

great substitute materials for other materials ie ep fibers etc

I have always been impressed with his product line-up. Prices are good and his Christmas boxes are truly special. I have purchased a few for gifts for fellow tyers!

I have placed many orders with FTD and never been disappointed with any of his products. I especially like his "water silk" product for many of my streamer patterns.

The Mad Scientist is great! Christmas Boxes have kept me in stock on synthetic materials and dubbing for the past few years. I'm a tyer that doesn't have a problem substituting materials if I have something similar and FTD materials cover a lot of bases for cheap. They get the job done, too.

Real nice, and some unique materials at a fair price. You won't be disappointed.

Hi
Last month they had a special,and I picked up this package deal, for under 25.00. I couldn't believe how much stuff was in the package!
Fly Tyers Box - A wonderful fly tying box. This has a variety of FTD materials to give the fly tyer a great selection of different tying products. If these were bought individually at FTD it would cost approx. $41.00. If similar items were purchased in a retail outlet the price would be over $115.00
Fly Tyers Box Price: $25.00

Thanks all- can't wait for the package to arrive!

His materials are good but different from the real thing . The H20 twist is stiffer than krystal flash. It lacks suppleness that lets it move like krystal flash. The fish don't seem to mind but a tyer may. His dubbings are cool and portions are good for the price but personally he has gone rubber leg happy. My favorite dubbing was his Coarse & Wet which was a heavier dubbing that was excellent in a dubbing loop or brush for larger nymphs etc. It was my favorite for blending with other materials for smallmouth and carp flies. He has added a lot of new product in the past year.

Back