Fly Line

Anyone care to explain all this grains stuff or be able to point me to somewhere that can explain it?

A grain is just a unit of weight measurement.

So, 300 grains is a lot heavier than 200 grains.

Grains is actually a measurement of mass, not weight. Similar for sure but not the same. Now, who cares about those statistics of fly lines. Catching smallies isn't rocket science. If you can cast the flies, like the feel of a line in your hand, and feel the fly and fish the line is good enough. Any like can do that if it is I the right weight and if the angler learns to do so. I feel a lot of lines are overblown marketing fluff of course because they need to sell new product.

jifigz wrote:
Grains is actually a measurement of mass, not weight. Similar for sure but not the same. Now, who cares about those statistics of fly lines. Catching smallies isn't rocket science. If you can cast the flies, like the feel of a line in your hand, and feel the fly and fish the line is good enough. Any like can do that if it is I the right weight and if the angler learns to do so. I feel a lot of lines are overblown marketing fluff of course because they need to sell new product.

Did really well using a Triangle taper salt line on the smallies yesterday. They are really putting the feed bag on right now.

This will probably be my next bass line

http://royalwulff.com/products/tt-bass-line/

SurfCowboyXX wrote:
I have found that the Orvis WF-F Bank Shot line is a great smallie line. It does a great job of getting the more wind-resistant bass flies out there.

Pricey line but has great reviews , might be my next snakehead line .

Back