Fly fishing Veteran Donation Contact Info.

• Thread starter salvelinusfontinalis
  • Start date
salvelinusfontinalis

salvelinusfontinalis

The thread about the wooden fly box got me thinking.
I have two plastic compartment boxes full of flies (streamers mostly or only streamers probably around 200 I didn't count). Had them for awhile and don't use them at all. Mostly because I have now perfected the patterns or something else.
The 100's of dollars in materials have been likely devalued to a few bucks since I tied them but I'm sure a cause like project healing waters or something would love to have them. Frankly I'd rather someone use them before they become moth food ;-)
Anyways, in the spirit of Memorial Day I'd like it to go to a program that helps veterans. It's a crappy gift when compared to what those have given for my freedom but it's what I can do. Could someone please send me a PM with the cause and contact info I would greatly appreciate it.
Thank you.

salvelinusfontinalis wrote:
The thread about the wooden fly box got me thinking.
I have two plastic compartment boxes full of flies (streamers mostly or only streamers probably around 200 I didn't count). Had them for awhile and don't use them at all. Mostly because I have now perfected the patterns or something else.
The 100's of dollars in materials have been likely devalued to a few bucks since I tied them but I'm sure a cause like project healing waters or something would love to have them. Frankly I'd rather someone use them before they become moth food ;-)
Anyways, in the spirit of Memorial Day I'd like it to go to a program that helps veterans. It's a crappy gift when compared to what those have given for my freedom but it's what I can do. Could someone please send me a PM with the cause and contact info I would greatly appreciate it.
Thank you.

Good stuff, Sal.
"DrunkenBear" on this site (Matt Seymour) is one of the heads of the Healing Waters program in western Chester County (Coatsville VA Hospital). I'm sure they need and would appreciate your donation.

Many TU chapters are involved with programs for vets.

http://www.donegaltu.org/volunteers.html

Also, if you ask at your local fly shops, they will probably have info about local programs.

You can contact Bill Nolan who is in charge of the veterans initiative at our very own DTU. His contact info is found at the link troutbert posted above.

Back