fly fishing near Lake Raystown

G

gabet4

going to be on a family camping trip at Lake Raystow in Entiken in late September. Looking to do trout stream fly fishing. Looking for the closest/best places - Little J, Spruce? Any suggestions? - Thanks.

Little J would be your best bet, but there are many stocked streams in the aarea as well.

Don't overlook fishing the lake...even from shore. We took a charter once for stripers and after a big ole' skunkaroonie on the boat we went over to the wall to the left of the marina. Caught a bunch of really nice smallmouth in the hour we were there. In boat, I bet the coves would be awesome.

I should have mentioned that we caught the smallies in fly rods.

Dear gabe,

I've heard there are some nice sized panfish in the coves at Raystown Lake so if the trout fishing doesn't work out you can still use the trout gear to catch fish that will pull on your line.

Regards,
Tim Murphy :)

the little juniata fishes pretty well in fall - in fact, I'll be out there at least once or twice then

a godd point might be to ask off line instead of putting undo pressure on certain areas . Like the lurkers dont need more help than they already get from this place

RangerKeen, I can't see how he can "ask offline" unless he knows who has the information. Perhaps the better idea is for someone (maybe yourself, even) to reply offline. I have responded to information requests with the private message feauture when I don't want to talk openly about stream like the Little J or Penn's Creek, which God knows cannot stand any more pressure.

:-o

Back