Fly Fishing for Snakehead Clips 2020

Fredrick

Fredrick

Here some clips from my season this year could be two maybe three videos when all said and done . Enjoy

Fred,
What do we know about SH in the colder months?
Are they catchable if a lake or backwater isn't frozen? Where do they go when weeds die off?

Dave_W wrote:
Fred,
What do we know about SH in the colder months?
Are they catchable if a lake or backwater isn't frozen? Where do they go when weeds die off?

Once the water gets close to the 40’s they go into a semi hibernation. Live bait is the best way to catch them once temps are in the 50’s and below . When the weeds die off they like to hangout near drop offs and submerged timber . They are catchable now but it’s best to wait for several warm days in a row to target them. I wouldn’t bother trying to ice fish for them since they would be more than likely in hibernation.

good footage Frederick i enjoyed it...are you breaking the law by not tossing them on the bank! just kidding have at it

I enjoyed the posts and hope to try it next year - Thanks !

Thanks, hopefully I’ll get through the rest of footage this weekend . Supposed to be some info in next month issue of Fly fisherman magazine from Blane on snakeheads, bowfin and other backyard exotics if anyone is interested.

Attachments

• 3503CB24-D53B-4607-B2F0-0B00F08343AC.jpeg
    3503CB24-D53B-4607-B2F0-0B00F08343AC.jpeg
    133.7 KB · Views: 4
Fred...That video was FIRE! Awesome work there. That looks like hella fun.

Wild_Trouter wrote:
Fred...That video was FIRE! Awesome work there. That looks like hella fun.

Thanks, here's more if you are interested .

Here is part 3 this one has Bass and Snakeheads in it .

Back