Fly Fishing for Carp Seminar at International Angler

Pittflyguy

Pittflyguy

Hey Folks,

Please excuse the shameless self promotion. I just wanted to let you all know that I will be giving a talk on fly fishing for carp at International Angler in Pittsburgh. It will be on Thursday, July 14th at 6:30PM.

I will cover, carp behavior, strategy, gear, flies, etc.... If anyone has any questions, let me know!

I saw that posted the last time I was up there. Didn't know you were doing the presentation. I may try to make it out. If not have a great time. (thinking of heading out to do some carping this weekend)

p.s. when do the mulberry's become ripe? The next few weeks would be my guess.

RY,

The berry hatch should be in full force yes! Black Hex's are going off in Pgh so the smallies should be picking up on top as well!

I've got a secret mulberry spot. And need to hit the mouth of said stream for some smallies... maybe that's where I'll head on the morning of the 4th.

I marked it on my calendar. Hope you get a crowd. I think anglers are slowly starting to come around. The notion of catching a ten pound + fish that takes you into your backing is always an eye opener.

I was just walking out the door on my way to International Angler for this when I thought that I'd better re-check the date. Sure enough...its next week.

Lil' bump to the top for ya' PFG

Wish I could make it! I have been fishing for carp on a warm water gin clear creek for weeks and have nothing to show for!! It sucks, Wish I could go. Good Luck!

Hey all,

Thanks for the support. For those of you that can't make it, I will post the presentation on my blog for distribution after and maybe even some video of it on Vimeo or Youtube.

Heading out tomorrow... hopefully the water will have cleared up a bit from todays rains.

Hey PFG, just wanted to say that the Carp session last night was very well done and I learned a good bit. Also, thanks for that white popper you gave me. I got to the river this morning early only to find that I left it at home. I'll tie it on this weekend though. Thanks again.

No worries! Glad you enjoyed. I had fun as well. I learn something new every time so thanks for sharing.

Back