Floating the little j/lehigh/penns/delaware

If you like to fish with a second person then put some thought into a canoe. I have an Old Town Guide 147 which I use in the Schuylkill and it works great. You can anchor the boat and fish from it or beach it and do some wading. Also a second person makes the the transportation from put in to take out much easier. If money is no object then pick up a drift boat, my brothers Clackacraft is a dream to fish out of.

If you can find one buy an old Sportspal Canoe

Can't beat them they were builf for backpackers

Just ratchet strap it to the top of your jeep or build a roof rack

JayL, If you are looking for a partner for any of these trips let me know. I just purchased a 3 man creek company pontoon boat that has 2 fishing stations w/ stripping baskets and a oaring station. Hope to put electric motor on sometime soon. The craft is 16 ft long and breaks down to fit in my expedition with all my other gear. Sets up and breaks down in about 20 to 30 min. This is the same type of craft you see on all fishing shows.

for the jeep issue, upgrade to a 4 door wrangler :) i just take the top down and strap my 12' tandem yak to the top for transport.... fits it about perfectly. .. and is easy nuff to fish with, fiance sits up in the front with her spinners and such *at least it gets her out on the water* and i have plenty of room to fling around poppers and bunny leeches in the back

Just get a Mokai Yak/with a jet drive(silent) then float down and run back up. Thats the one I want..can stand in them too..www.mokai.com

Let me know when your heading out and i will join you Jay.

Tim Murphy seems to know too much about this float tube stuff. hehe

Back