Floatable PA Rivers

C

cms829

Hey all! Seeking some knowledge regarding floatable trout rivers within PA aside from the big D.

I float/fish the upper D system regularly, but I am looking to put together a mini road trip this next season or the season after. What are my options (across the state) to float and fish? We have a 13 foot raft with frame.

I may make it a multi state thing, so if anyone has any other suggestions I would love to hear them!

There is a lot of them. Sounds like the level of planning will be significant with your trip, so I would invest in the newest PA guide: (Not only a great read with awesome photos on its own, but gives you great info on which rivers can be floated and how.)

https://www.amazon.com/Keystone-Fly-Fishing-Ultimate-Pennsylvanias/dp/1934753459

Pine Creek, Penns, Lehigh would all be on my list to float if I had a raft.

I have canoed the upper Delaware River for years, but you already know about that. I've also caught trout in the Little Juniata River. You can catch them in the Lehigh, Yough, and the very upper Alleghney Rivers. I didn't catch any on the Yough and have no experience on the Lehigh. I've only ever canoed the Allegheny too far downstream for trout to survive.

I've also caught trout from my canoe in the very upper Greenbrier and South Branch of the Potomac Rivers in West Virginia(stocked trout).

I even caught a stocked rainbow once on the South Fork of the New River in North Carolina.

Pine is a great float

Back