Flies/info for west coast florida????

What no pics ?

I had enough trouble with the kayak, wind, spotting fish, and trying not to spook the fish, and casting to fish while sitting, which I'm not used to. I was by myself, so I didn't get any good pics of fishing. plus, I only caught mullet, although some were good size.

this is the place to take your spinning rods-stop at walmart and get some 17 r and 19r mirrolures .
reds in the shallows will put brown trout to shame for spooky.slightest bump[vibrations] and they are gone-trout can be taken right along the boat.cedar Keys is my favorite but others up to the bend are escapes also-
Didn't mean no gators but that those islands will hold some nasty snakes.lol
By all means take the fly rod,try them both so you won't wonder what if.

I heard Suwannee is nice, but average age is around 82! I'm gonna shop around for one of those single person skiffs kinda like this
http://www.xfishsup.com/reconv.html

looks to be the perfect vehicle for those areas, be nice to stand up.

Biker, don't talk so loud. To many Yankees here as it is. Those flats go on forever and can hold all kinds of fish. The water clarity is better in that area, but really makes for tough fishing. Long casts are the norm and an electric motor is ideal. That rig you have in mind would be good. GG

Back