Fleece pants

J

JohnPowers

Just thought I'd share a good experience. Couple of years ago I was somewhere where they had a pair of Remington fleece wader pants with pockets, zip back pocket, drawstring waist and stirrups under the feet. Not plugging the brand. The concept. I wear them in the surf and in the west branch all season as that water is cold. I like them a lot. Zipper fly and i use suspenders. They're very comfortable and have no bulky seams like jeans. Only down side is when you walk in Lydia's for a burger you look like a chunky ballet dancer.

fleece pants always reside in my gear bag and get lot's of use early and late in the season, and they are great for lounging around the camp at night.

I think you mean Redington not Remington. Am I correct? I have a pair and I too love them. They fit nicely under my waders ,are not that bulky and keep me warm. A good product.

Darn spell check got me again. Redington.

I wear fleece long johns and a pair of fleece Simms pants. My legs are never cold. Like wearing them around the house as pajamas to. Tmi?

I have the same Redingtons and love them. As for wearing them in public, I prefer to change into something more conventional. As an old whitewater kayaker, I've developed the ability to change clothes anywhere in any weather. Not an exhibitionist,I'm just accustomed to doing what a man (or women) has to do even if in a public parking lot.

I have Cabelas fleece lined work pants that I bought for working outside in winter because I don't like long underwear but I hate being cold even more, especially at work if I'm working with someone else and can't just go inside and warm up whenever I feel like it.

They double nicely as under wader pants for fishing and can also be worn in public. I would not wear regular fleece under waders in public.

I have a pair of the Redington IO Fleece pants, which I think is what you're describing. Best thing is the stirrups, so the legs stay down when you climb into your waders. I also have a pair of Cabelas flece lined wading pants, with camo fabric on the outside. They are a bit heavier, but also about half an inch too short. Don't know if they shrank or I grew or I just bought them too short.

salmonoid wrote:
I also have a pair of Cabelas flece lined wading pants, with camo fabric on the outside.

I just got a pair of these, but haven't tried them out yet. When I ordered them, I thought they'd have a nylon exterior, like other "soft shell" gear I have. It's actually soft fleece inside and outside. I got the tan ones, and Cabela's in Hamburg had to have them shipped in - they don't stock the tan color.

Are yours the same, and how do you like them? They were on sale for $30 a few weeks ago...

Deluxe Wader Liner Pants

We wear our into places to eat, who cares they are black or tan and look like sweatpants. Way better than other ppl dress at times. But we wear them almost year around with waders.

Companies like Simms and Patagonia sell fleece pants that have an outer layer that make them look like regular pants. LL Bean also sells jeans that are lined with flannel.

Beans also sells just the fleece pants with stirrups. They have one zippered back pocket and are very reasonably priced. I bought a couple pair out of their fishing catalog and they are holding up well. A nice layer over longies.

I picked up a pair of Russell Athletics fleece pants over the summer for my Fall trip to Montana. They don't have the stirrup's under the feet, so you have to tuck them into your socks but they were probably cheaper than the other items being discussed. I've worn them more than I thought I would. Comfortable and practical.

I also have a pair of Russel Fleece pants that I wear under my waders. I got them a couple years ago and and have worn them quite a bit. Definitely a more economical but functional option. I think I got them for under $10 at Sears.

Russell's here also. After seeing the pants at Somerset, I can see where they would cost more. They are a much denser fleece. I'm not traveling or staying in the water for 8 hours at one shot, so I can work with what I have.

Back