Flambeau Blue Ribbon Fly Boxes

bigjohn58

bigjohn58

Has anyone used the new Flambeau Blue Ribbon fly boxes that are designed somewhat like the C&F fly boxes? They are about $10 to $20 cheaper then the C&F boxes and almost look the same. I love the C&F boxes for my dry flies but if I can save some cash I'll pick up one of the Flambeau boxes if they get good reviews.

bigjohn58,

I checked out those Blue Ribbon boxes tonight while I was moonlighting at my second job. I'm not sure what style and size you looked at, but I liked the smaller one(8 compartments) over the larger 12 compartment one. The only draw back about the larger one was that the lid over the compartments was one piece. I'm a little clumsy and I can see me dumping a box of flies while standing thigh deep in the stream somewhere!

JH

This is the one I looked at:

The ones I saw in the Cabelas magazine had the foam like the C&F fly boxes that hold the hooks between the slits.

bigjohn58,

For the price, and the design of the cases was very similiar to C&F's, I think it would be a good buy! Here's a link toFlambeau Flyboxes

JH

Here's the one you looked at,

Woa, those look sweet. I have one of those C&F boxes and love it but couldn't afford, or justify i guess the price of another.

Thanks for the find, i know i'll be picking some up!

Back