Fit Over Sunglasses

S

Sylvaneous

ANy recommendations beyond Cocoons? I got another pair of 'spectacles' that JAAAAAST don't fit under my current fit overs. The ones I have are kinda generic. I'm in the market.
Thanks guys.
Syl

I have used Solar Shield (they are spring on vs clip on) from wally world they have worked ok when i was unable to wear contacts and needed to wear glasses. Not very expensive worth the expense for me to try I think they are less than $20.
I found them at my local store.
DO a search for Solar Shield on their web site and they will come up.

I have used Solar Shield (they are spring on vs clip on) from wally world they have worked ok when i was unable to wear contacts and needed to wear glasses. Not very expensive worth the expense for me to try I think they are less than $20.
I found them at my local store.
DO a search for Solar Shield on their web site and they will come up.
I used to use these before I got script sunglasses. Walmart carried them.

ANy recommendations beyond Cocoons? I got another pair of 'spectacles' that JAAAAAST don't fit under my current fit overs. The ones I have are kinda generic. I'm in the market.
Thanks guys.
Syl

Have you looked at buying another pair of Cocoons fitovers because they are sized and they offer 8 different sizes in fitovers.

If you wear eyeglasses all the time, another option is a pair of Cocoons polarized flip-ups.

I've been using flip-up for fishing with & without eyeglasses for decades and love them because when I'm in a shady place, I just flip them up and out of the way. Now that I wear eyeglasses most of the time, Cocoons flip-ups are my only sunglasses. BTW - The flip-ups are sized as well.

FWIW - If you go the Cocoon flip-up route they offer a nice little hard case that you can use to store them that works just fine for me and my wife despite the claim that they are for the clip-on's, not the flip-ups.

Finally if you ever have an issue, Cocoon's customer service is fantastic.

Good luck!

Last edited:
I second Bamboozle recommendation above. I had a couple nice pair of Hostas & Smiths ( now I have to get rid of them and really liked them)but had to start wearing glasses a couple months ago. my eye doctor ,who is also a fly fisherman wears them(Coocoons). they work great and are much cheaper than Hostas and other brands, My wife also loves the fit overs. I use the flipups. for fishing. They come in a wide range of lens colors.

I've used cocoons for at least 25 years but in a pinch wally-world has come to rescue.

I've been using Cocoons every since I had to switch over to wearing glasses fulltime. I just checked I have four different color lenses for different fishing conditions. One thing I've done with them is black out the clear side panels. I found it improved what I can see in the water.

I'll just have to try more Cocoons that will fit. I've done the clip ons. They don't block side light.
Thanks for the input, folks.
Syl

I know I am getting older when I am pissed that my truck doesn't have a CD player and I see Cocoons and think "I should try them" LOL

I'll just have to try more Cocoons that will fit. I've done the clip ons. They don't block side light.
Thanks for the input, folks.
Syl

I used something similar to these back in the 1980's.

If something similar would work on your eyeglasses, you could go the flip-up or clip-on route...

Back