Fishpond Windwalker Chest Pack- FishPond

Acristickid

Acristickid

Anybody have a review of this product??

Still on the quest for a better pack/vest. I have been using the W&J creel and it works ok but have believe there is something better.

I am not very big on vests because I have to take it off to reach water/food. I also do not like the feel of a water bottle holder on my hip.

Hip packs will get wet, I wade pretty deep frequently.

Thanks in advance for your review. Paul

This looks a lot like what i have...I like that you can go either waist or chest...I've only used it twice but I like it...Mine I think is an older model and isn't even the same name but this one look very much like it (minus the hideous orange trim).

actually, this is what I have...just found a pic...

I have an older model similar to this one. I like it very much. Holds a ton of gear in a small package. I like it ability to belt it around your waist. I have a bad back and it lends a ton of support. Additonally, you position the pack under your casting arm and use it to rest your arm when drifting flies with an 8wt. It helps. Mine has velcro covering the inside front flap/ tray. I just added velcro to all of my boxes and can swap them out as i need them. I wish mine had a better tippet holder, but hey! I agree with tom on the colors they are just plain stupid in my opinion.

God it it friggin cold out side.

I just picked up two of the Watermark Drake Chest/Backpack. One for me (Valentines Day present from my wife) and one for a graduation gift for my brother. The ones I got are all green not flourescent orange like the picture. Can't beat it for $59 from The Driftless Angler.

This pack is set-up for a hydration bladder but does not come with one (you can get them at Stuff-Mart for $10). Nice pack.

Recieved the William Joseph Confluence from my wife last month.Have only used it about seven times but find it very comfortable.(especially for an older guy with a gut, sets on top of the shelf).

I'm eyeballing the Fishpond Shootingstar set up. It looks like it should be just what I'm after. I like to get back in away from things and people and figure I can pot some ultralight camping gear in the back and make a weekend out of a trip combining camping with fishing. That would be the ultimate for me.

I have a White River knock off of the Fishpond backpack/chestpack setups. I've found that while these packs are really comfortable it seems that I'm always taking the pack off and on because the one fly I need isn't in one of the two front pouches.

Guys with the hip packs.

What do you do when your wading deep/crossing/snagged rigs?

I have been up to my waist and over numerous times. Maybe I could have taken a longer way as to avoid getting stuff wet- typically not my nature though.

Do you take it off? Put it around your neck?

I want to try the chest pack on but International Angler-
(closest shop) has them on order.

Thanks Paul

Mine is both a chest and waist pack...if the water gets deep I can either just slide it up and put the neck strap on or just unclick it and hold it up...many times I just put my hand under it and raise it up an couple inches and thats enough...depends how urgent the situation...but I like the fact that mine does both...and I usually wear it one way or the other depending how likely it will be that I will need to go over my waist...

I use a waist pack and if the water gets deep, I cross it over my shoulder nad under my arm "bandolero" style. If it is deeper than that I either turn around or take it off and carry it over my head until it get more shallow.

acristickid,

not sure if you're still lookin or not but i have that fishpond model and love it. i have no complaints bout it except that it could be a little bigger in the chest pack to hold more fly boxes but i can easily get 3 boxes in there as long as they all aren't the large C&F ones. the pack sits high on your chest to allow you to keep it dry and you can even wear just the pack separate from the backpack if you don't need to carry that much. i'd go and try it on before you make a final decsion though but now that I've had this for about 2 years i'll never switch to anything but fishpond. they are a great company.

There are so many packs/bags it is almost comical.

Went to International (local shop) and they had at least a half dozen chest type packs and such. I tried a couple on and hated them all. Thinking that the hanging around my neck all day will drive me nuts.

Back