Fishing the Pohopoco

jimboy

jimboy

I am new to the Pohopoco Creek. Can anyone give me the best flies for this stream? Any advice would help.

Upper or lower?

Midges

sizes?

How about Pheasant tails and Hares Ear...

22 and 24 Griffiths gnats and cream midges have been productive in the evening. If you are nymphing, Pts and He are always productive. Along with caddis larva and prince nymphs.

Don't listen to Becker. He doesn't fish it, he just goes for the ribs and beer.

I don't even know where the Pohopoco is. Centre county?

Info is much appreciated....also, the ribs and beer are pretty darn good at River Walk...Thanks

jimboy wrote:
Info is much appreciated....also, the ribs and beer are pretty darn good at River Walk...Thanks

Pulled pork is good too...

Pulled pork and coleslaw over a smoked kielbasa is not too shabby. O and HA's favorite, the chimichanga. Also, deliciouse. However, how can you forget about the smoked hot wings? F it, I am going there tomorrow.

SBecker wrote:
Pulled pork and coleslaw over a smoked kielbasa is not too shabby. O and HA's favorite, the chimichanga. Also, deliciouse. However, how can you forget about the smoked showings? F it, I am going there tomorrow.
Is this a spot burn?
If not can I get the gps coordinates.....
I got to get up there for this place. I'm hungry :lol:

Jeff, it is a lot better than Long John Silvers. Lol

Order the gumbo. You won't be disappointed!

I am fat enough....I need fly pointers.....

jimboy wrote:
I am fat enough....I need fly pointers.....

:lol: :lol: :lol:

That's one of the greatest lines I have read here in a very long time! Now it's time to clean off the coffee I spit all over my desk and computer.......good stuff.

jimboy - This link should provide you with the information you're looking for.

http://www.riversflyfishing.com/pohopoco_creek.php

The article is good, but the hatch chart has some missing info, and some weird fly sizes (sz 30 Quill Gordon?).

Overall though, it's pretty good. Parachute ants and beetles are a really good choice right now.

H.A.

I have done best with a 3" pink san juan worm... at least when it comes to decent sized fish. Deadly on the Lehigh as well.

Back