Fishing SWPA

E

Ed007

Is anyone fishing swpa this time of year? I have been going to 10 mile creek (from the spillway down about 150 yds). Anyone know of other locations near Washington Pa or if other stretches of 10 mile are any good? Just getting tired of fishing the same spot. I'm not looking for anyone's secret spots, just some new water to fish. Thanks for your info.

If it were me, I'd take some time to drive up Laurel and Chestnut Ridges and go exploring for mountain brookie streams. This is a very nice time of year to be out in the mountains.

There are a number of bass and warm water spots across SWPA as well.

Personally, I don't want to bother wild trout streams at this time of year. I'd rather let them do their spawning unbothered.
So I target stocked water. And the best for that in these parts IMO, is the youghiogheny river.

Dunbar creek just received a fall stocking - and is also worth fishing now too

Ed007, check out Peters Creek for stocked fish, they did a fall stocking and barely anyone fishes it. Depending on where in Washington you are, could be less than 20 minute drive for you.

I throw a few dollars to these guys every year for taking care of it:

http://www.peterscreek.org/

Ed007,

Another area that is still fishing quite well is the upper delayed harvest section of Laurel Hill Creek, in the Boy Scout Camp.
This is located just off of Rte 31, about 8 miles east of Donegal.
There are plenty of fish in there, and its pretty easy access, although the banks can be muddy and slick.

Thanks for the help guys! Hope I can get out soon and try a couple of them

Back