Fishing Saturday Nov. 20?

M

mkoloch

Anyone interested in hooking up with a newbie to the Jersey coast?

I've saltwater fly fished for alittle over a year, but never in NJ. Looking to hit either IBSP or Hook. I'd prefer to fish with someone with alittle knowledge of the area, but we can learn together as well. My preference is fly fishing, but I'll have spin gear along as well, in case mother nature doesn't cooperate.

Saturday, Nov. 20, available all day. Hopefully the weather is decent. I'm located in zip 19464. Either email (matt.koloch@gmail.com) or private message on here. I can drive or meet up some where.

If anyone already has plans on going, maybe a meet-up on-site?

I'd join yuh if I could. Good luck with the trip - now is prime time. Let us know how you made out.

If you can come out Friday I would gladly take you to the hook :-D

Unfortunately with a newborn and family in town this up coming weekend, its the only time I have available.

Fridays are tough for me in general Fred...My co-worker splits early on Friday.

I guess for whatever reason, I didn't get my post up. Lost in cyber space!

I fished Saturday @ IBSP...Arrived around 7:15 and fished all day till about 6:30 at night. Walked alot of beach and fished the Barnegat jetty. Saw one fish caught, 31" keeper by a guy fishing bait in an excellent location. I spent all day with the fly rod, trying a variety of flies, all with no luck.

Talked to many people and had some nice conversations throughout the day. May curious people, since I was fly fishing. I did not see any other long rodders all day. Around 3, I left the state park and moved North. I hit the south side jetty of Manasquan (spelling?) and alittle bit of the beach, again no luck. I did not see any bait pods all day either. A nice day to get out and stretch some line, unfortunately the fish did not cooperate.

99% of the regulars were at the show..I did talk to one guy down there and he hit a few behind Island beach motor court down to the park border.

Well this was more of a recon mission. Now I know what I'm getting myself into once there.

I'll be moving my efforts down south in the first weekend of December into Delaware and Indian River inlet. My parents have a place in that area, so it makes fishing a bit easier. Hopefully the stripers are still hanging around. I have heard good fishing from the surf and rocks.

cape henlopen area. And 100 yards north of Indian Inlet are good spot

Back