Fishing permission cold shoulder

I'll definitely look into that I don't mind driving. Just gets frustrating when you do drive and it's posted up then the land owner tells you it's posted because it's their land. I understand its their land that's why I'm talking to them.

Go to Tucquan Ck. Hike down to the mouth and fish back up. Lots of trout there this year.

I would say 85% of the conversations have started with people saying well this is my land. Lol

Go west toward the river and neighboring York county and Adams county for some excellent small stream fishing. North central pa also has the best fishing in the state. You won't run into near as many landowner problems in the area. Imho the better areas for fishing in Lancaster county are on public land. Unfortunately Lancaster county is no longer a trout Mecca but there is plenty of great fishing within an hour drive.

There is a great core group of guys here in Lancaster county that will help out and pm you shortly with some advice. I would also listen to Mike as he will have theist up to date stream data.

I have yet to cross the river into York County. I plan on doing that later in the week. Is there any way to find the public accesses to streams or is it just trial and error?

Anything on state game lands or state forests will be public.
Any stream on the special regulation or stocking list will have fishing access.
The rest are trial and error.

And never mention this part "Southern Missouri"

Fly_guy wrote:
I have yet to cross the river into York County. I plan on doing that later in the week. Is there any way to find the public accesses to streams or is it just trial and error?

:evil: no fish in York don't waste your time :lol:

Us people from Dixie are warm and friendly. Lancaster people are repressed weirdos and right wing up tight private property loving and mean spirited. In general of course.

And selfish and greedy. They like to get a deal like having stream improvements paid for by citizens taxes and Trout unlimited and then put up keep out signs. That's really a lousy way to treat your neighbors.

gape wrote:
Us people from Dixie are warm and friendly.

I agree with this in general. I lived in the mountains of NC for a year and a half, and may eventually retire there. It was my favorite place to live so far and I've lived in at least 15 towns and cities in 5 different states. Probably closer to 20.

But I can still tell you a few stories from down there in that short time. Not nearly as many as I can tell about Ohesians though. LOL!

By the way, welcome to both of you, but what were you thinking moving up here! ;-)

Back