fishing creek orangville area?

M

mojotrout

Can any one advise of conditions and water temps on fishing creek in the orangeville ,Benton area??

I wouldn't................

http://waterdata.usgs.gov/pa/nwis/uv/?site_no=01539000&PARAmeter_cd=00065,00060,00010

The water is very low. Keep an eye on the water temperatures. I fished my place in Benton last week and the water was 65 degrees and water is very low/clear.

Ron

Water temps from the Orangeville bridge down to Kocher Park ranged between 68 and 71 degrees as of last week. I have not been out this week. The water was very low last week and I assume the water is even lower now.

Yes the water is even lower this week. Not good. We need some significant rainfall.

Ron

PALongbow wrote:
Yes the water is even lower this week. Not good. We need some significant rainfall.
Ron
Water? What water?

With the rain let week, The creek is at a good level for fishing. Water temps are in the lower 50s at mid day. There appears to be the beginning of some spawning activity and I do not see any rise and little hatch activity except for some small ones like tricks or midges (I can not tell the difference).

I meant Tricos not tricks.

AlphaDelta wrote:
I meant Tricos not tricks.
I thought you meant ticks. They're certainly out!

I went to the Orangeville bridge for a couple hours this afternoon. 53 degrees water temp at 3 pm. Tried streamers and wooly bugger with no success. Switched to 18 and 20 Griffith's gnats and a dark dun colored BWO with a CDC wing when I started to see fish rising. I caught 2 small rainbows on each and over a dozen chubs. Water at a nice levee but it will get low in the next coupe days unless we get some more precipitation.

Back