Fishing again

Baron wrote:

...the mask wearers..."

You lost all credibility right there.

I recommend apologizing, and asking the the moderators to delete your post.

We're having a discussion here. Maybe you need to apologize also, to me for attacking my opinions in such a way, suggesting that I censor myself. Or we can both agree to be less sensitive.

While now I can see that the way I constructed the sentences were carelessly constructed I believe that the substance was correct in a very big way.

I believe I can be allot more sensitive in the future and will be.

I 'm a mask wearer. These are the toughest times I ever seen. Times like this teach lessons to those who would learn and grow wiser. I hope to survive this and get back on a trout stream before the years is over.
Troutbert, your correct New Zealand has real leadership and 0 new cases, and monster trout I have a date with, God willing, next year.
GG

Thanks for all the feedback and advice. The weather forecast is not looking very good for this weekend in Blakeslee. I may not go.

High temperature of only 39 degrees on Saturday.

I do think that the motel owners want to do a good job of protecting their guests and I can also do a good job of disinfecting everything after I arrive and before I leave .

I don't want anyone to think that I don't take this coronavirus very seriously. I do, just like everyone else.

I have very strong opinions and I get in trouble sometimes but I am on the road 100 nights a year in hotels. Years ago when I stayed in allot of sketchy places I carried wipes. slippers and a bath mat. wipe down the phone, remote, fixtures, door handles, John. Always remove the top blanket, fold and put in closet or drawers. Many Hotels only change the top cover periodically. Avoid the free breakfast unless you can cook it yourself. I ate allot of McD's oatmeal and big breakfasts. you may want to take and extra pillow case to put over the one they give you.
Ironically I do wear a mask in public places and I recommend that as well. Fish

poopdeck wrote:
Despite what the almighty governor says and has convinced some of, there are no laws that allow him to close private business for a virus. There are no laws that permit the designation of essential and non essential business. A law has been exceedingly and creatively stretched and trotted out to an ignorant populace more concerned with "Likes." Essential and non essential were just boldly made up and thrown into the mix with out any spin or creativity. There is no enforcement of not shutting down because the shutdown is not backed by any law. Enforcement amounts to threats of future targeting by the tax man.

Two simple rules - wash your hands and don't touch your face. You are now empowered with the knowledge to prevent the spread of the virus. Your like count will go down but hey these are trying times.

Who are these people that are more concerned with "Likes"? You've referenced social media/Facebook and "likes" multiple times. But who exactly are you referring to? Or is it just a vague "them", that's easier to setup for a straw man attack?

There is not a law per se, but the governor has the power to declare emergencies and issue executive orders. Do you gripe when that is done because of a snow storm? The governor abusing his power against nature??

His authority to declare emergencies and what can be suspended during them is all here.

Specifically, to counteract your claim that there are no laws, his executive order has the force of law.

§ 7301.
(b) Executive orders, proclamations and regulations.--Under this part, the Governor may issue, amend and rescind executive orders, proclamations and regulations which shall have the force and effect of law.

Here is the disaster declaration that kicks into gear his additional powers.

He can tell you to stay at home and he can tell businesses to close, both orders with the full force of law, by virtue of the disaster declaration.

Whether you're in agreement or not, he's acting fully within his legal authority and as afishinado said, if you don't like it, your remedy in a democracy is to vote. You've also got freedom of speech to express your viewpoint as well, but you might want to review you claims about what the governor can't do, when the law pretty clearly states he can do what he deems necessary during an emergency.

At the risk of being banned, Poop is an #censor# and has proven it time and time again.

I suspect he is from Delco where I come from where A-holes abound...

Hey friends I'm sorry to have encouraged this vein. Perhaps we should start another topic to address these issues. I came here to fish and I'm relatively sure that if we all met in the woods by a stream we would all like each other. I had forgotten an old rule to never discuss politics and social viewpoints and so forth on educational sites where membership is a privilege.
Lets help Canoetripper live through this hotel ordeal. I'm off this thread out of respect for you all. See you on the water.

I will definitely fish next weekend. My friend who has never been to my Pocono club before but hax been very interested in this place for awhile wants to experience it. Mid May is perfect. Most of the fishing is sub surface and tne trout are stocked, but I love it.

Everyone has different outdoor pursuits and goals. I am perfetly fine fishing for stocked trout deep in the Pocono woods and getting out of the way of more experienced anglers pursuing native and wild trout.

JasonC wrote:
If you worked in a hospital that's been hit hard by the virus, have seen what it is doing to otherwise healthy individuals, how contagious it is coupled with the fact that it is mutating into even more contagious and deadlier versions of itself...you'd stay far, far away from people. Believe me, I've seen it. I work in it everyday at one of the hardest hit hospitals on the entire East Coast. No one is saying you can't go outside and enjoy outdoor activities, but please for the sake of your loved ones and total strangers that you could possibly infect and kill without even knowing you're a carrier, please don't take the decision of a simple fishing trip too lightly.
Most appreciative of your service. Front line workers are amazing.

At this point, moderators should just delete every post that doesn't have the word "fish" in it. These tired *** ideas are being spewed in every corner of the internet, and they're no more insightful here then anywhere else.

I'll be in the Poconos to FISH for the first time in a year in about two weeks. Don't break my windshield because of my NY plates... I'm going to be camping (with social distancing , masks when needed, and separate cars/tents/coolers for all in the party) near the Brodhead, and I am praying sulfurs will have started popping by then. I am puummpped for a change of scenery for a night or two.

The one heartbreaking detail is that I don't imagine Minisink will be open. Maybe they're doing takeout?! Up here in NY the takeout booze situation from restaurants has been the one sustaining perk.

Go fishing!

FISH

That handle " hooker of men" is a good one. Got me laughing.

Fellow Board Members,

I have decided to not go fishing this weekend. My neighbor is going to open her hair salon unadvertised to cater to her best clients.

I need a haircut like many of you reading this post probably do as well. My hair has not been this long since I in college.

I am a great customer and neighbor since I walk her dogs while she cuts hair. She is also going tc cut my mother's hair.

If life was easy, any one else could work a full time job and take care of their 82 year old mother who can't hear and doesn't want, to wear hearing aids, also has arthritis, osteoporosis, and I think early onset dementia. Plus, two very hyperactive rescue dogs.

I am not complaining, just explaining why I need fishing trip to my rod and gun club in the Poconos. I have been doing this October with out a break. I love dogs but will never get one. This is too much work.

Again, I am not complaining. My mother does not want to be in a nursing home, especially with this coronavirus pandemic, which is very understandable. I just need a break. I think you would all feel the same way if you were also doing your best in a difficult situation.

Again, I am not complaining. I know that my father is in haven and appreciating everything that I do.

I'm going to stay 6 feet away from this thread and go fishing alone in the woods.

Great news. I called my local fly shop in the Poconos and they are open. I will be able to get anything I need.

I am sure I need to wear a mask but I can't wait for next weekend. My good friend is making the long drive from Richmond, VA. He hasn't fly fished in years and is very interested in seeing this place that is now the epicenter of my outdoor recreation.

I think we will do a great job of social distancing on the trout stream and with separate rooms, an even better job of avoiding each other's beer breath and farts. This friend has been on canoe trips with me since the late 1970 years.

I think that we can survive next weekend in the Poconos.

Tight Lines for everyone else out there fishing.

I think you will be just fine. a weekend fishing trip is likely way safer than a trip to wally world or a grocery store. Enjoy!!

Back