Fish with a friend?

P

Philosofish

I saw that Trout Unlimited has a "Fish with a Friend" program which sounds great but are there any alternatives to this that don't require TU membership? My brother and I are looking for someone more knowledgeable than us to fish with. We'll even buy lunch. :)

Anyone know of a way to hook up with locals to the Philadelphia or Poconos regions?

I've been fly fishing for fifty years and have considerable knowledge of stream lore, insects, casting, the whole enchilada. I'm willing to share/mentor but am only available during the week. Usually Tuesday through Thursday on various rivers in the western Catskills. I live in York county but only fish locally until about the end of the third week of April and starting again in July to fly fish for smallmouth bass.

Attachments

• Twelve Mile.jpg
    Twelve Mile.jpg
    512.3 KB · Views: 10
Philo,
Folks from this site fish together all the time and I've made some good friends here over the years. Hang out here and contribute to the forum and you'll get a feel eventually for who is in your neck of the woods. Send some PMs and I'll bet we can find you some fishing mentors/buddies.

I've been reading a lot lately about people from this site getting together to fish, I think it's great. I know from my own experience, I have meet many guys from here, and have enjoyed every minute of it.

I guess we have Dave to thank for this!

Philo

Stick around and you'll find many friends to fish with!

PaulG

I'm in the Philly area, Don't get to fish as much as I'd like to but might be fun to meet up and fish some.. I'm also up in the Albrightsville area quite a bit....

Philosofish............maybe you should consider attending the "Jam" these folks put on , it's coming up soon , i'll bet there is someone there from right in your backyard.

Philo,

Shoot me a PM when you are heading out. I am pretty busy over the next few weeks, but as spring turns to summer, I should be able to meet up with you.

I live in Fairmount, but will be moving to Conshy soon.

It's nice if you can do it with some one local but I'd hire a guide. I've been fishing for many years and have become friends with a few guides over the last couple months and have learned tons from them.

I'm from just over the bridge from Philly in Jersey...fish NW NJ, SE PA most often with as many trips as I can muster to NE and Central PA. If you ever want to hook up, just throw me a line..company is always welcome.

Phil L

Back