FISH! , OR, PLAY CARDS, SLEEP!, LAUNDRY, ROUTINE HABIT'S!

MWHEAPS32, GLEN MAWR, COUPLE MILES ABOVE TIOVOLI , ABOVE PICTURE ROCKS, GLEN MARW BRIDGE ABOUT 20 RISERS, DOWN FROM BRIDGE ABOUT 300 YDS. OLD BRIDGE IMBUTMENT. THAT HOLE SMALL, IF YOU CALL IT A HOLE 35 RISERS.
LIVED ON BOSTON COVE RD, 65, THE SMALL CABIN WOODEN CHALET, GOT OLD, SPLITTING WOOD, FEEDING DEER, HUNTING DUCKS, TRIMMING TREES, MOWING GRASS, TRAPPING, EXPLORING, ETC.

Fell fishing down a steep bank, did not loose the fish, blood clot, stroke 1 and 2 followed. Tough old buzzard, should have been dead lots of times.

You know, i feel the most majestic way of dying is being killed by a LION.

MAN ON THE SILVER MOUNTAIN. MY PALS LONG AGO, FELIX AND WEST. I GUESS SHOOT AND SHOT.

3 WESTERN HIGHWAYS, 2 NORTHERN LIGHTS, 1 MAXIMA12

larkmark wrote:
My leaders are commonly 18 ft long and taper to 6 and 7x at times. Age has nothing to do with it.

Maybe not, but the ability to recognize when someone is joking often is these days.

You are as young as you feel. Was just saying MAXI isn't old. Wasn't meant to be an insult. Heck, I even point that out.

I'm not into Czech nymphing and feel no need for such a long leader. Certainly not for dries. I have a long reach. Don't be offended by that, it's just my opinion for now and I reserve the right to change my opinion at any time. I'm not saying there is anything wrong with it. I just have never felt a need for that. ... or center pinning, or Tenkara. ;-)

... and when counting fish, I usually lose count at about 2 or 3 unless its panfish and I'm doing a fish fry. I like to fish and get out into nature. Sometimes I just go for walks in the woods or along a stream. Catching is a bonus. I deal with numbers at work and don't let that infect my pastimes. When I retire, I'd be happy to fish 1/10th as much as Maxi.

When I am fishing with others, I usually get more enjoyment seeing those others catch fish than catching them myself.

Either way, my fishing will never be confined to just trout, or just fly fishing for that matter.

Would love to catch a snakehead some day. I hear they are delicious.

Man, you gotta love Maxima's posts. Like great art, the meaning is open to interpretation.

He is definitely a rambling man - that's for sure.

FarmerDave wrote:
larkmark wrote:
My leaders are commonly 18 ft long and taper to 6 and 7x at times. Age has nothing to do with it.

Maybe not, but the ability to recognize when someone is joking often is these days.

You are as young as you feel. Was just saying MAXI isn't old. Wasn't meant to be an insult. Heck, I even point that out.

I'm not into Czech nymphing and feel no need for such a long leader. Certainly not for dries. I have a long reach. Don't be offended by that, it's just my opinion for now and I reserve the right to change my opinion at any time. I'm not saying there is anything wrong with it. I just have never felt a need for that. ... or center pinning, or Tenkara. ;-)

... and when counting fish, I usually lose count at about 2 or 3 unless its panfish and I'm doing a fish fry. I like to fish and get out into nature. Sometimes I just go for walks in the woods or along a stream. Catching is a bonus. I deal with numbers at work and don't let that infect my pastimes. When I retire, I'd be happy to fish 1/10th as much as Maxi.

When I am fishing with others, I usually get more enjoyment seeing those others catch fish than catching them myself.

Either way, my fishing will never be confined to just trout, or just fly fishing for that matter.

Would love to catch a snakehead some day. I hear they are delicious.

Apparently I misunderstood or who knows. I'm sort of baffled as to what any of this whole thread or any of maxis posts are about. I'm as open to freewheeling talk as the next guy but this is more and more coming across as pure nonsense....which is fine I guess. Enjoy.

maxima12 wrote:
Lyco, your another one. why are you holing out, You got more than I will ever have knowledge of. Let it out Big Brother, with a big "SHOUT".

Well getting to this subject. "SHOUT IT, SHOUT IT OUT LOUD"!

I KNOW THIS IS NOT A SUBJECT OF TALK, MOST LIKELY A SUBJECT OF HONESTY, RELIABILITY, UNDERSTANDING AND MOST OF ALL, TRUE FELLOWSHIP.

Lucky, Lucky, Lucky! I was here in the Perfect Time, when more and more reality set in. Do not let pipelines, lumber giants, gas, filthy rich prevail.

Sometimes, being yourself, is all you got, don't lose it!

Maxima12

I am not sure what I am holding out, but I would be interested in checking out some of your leader designs. One of these days we have to run into each other on the stream.

Lyco, I am going to put a box of leaders together for you. You will never in your wildest dreams see such an assortment. Big, Long, Short, Stout, Wet, Dry, Salmon, Steelhead, Tandem, Gemmie. etc.

I will start to carry this box with me on every trip. I will try not to forget. Preaty good at remembering fishing but have a hard time on what I did yesterday.

I look forward to the bump and nod! Then a big handshake! Might as well put fishing poles down, we can bend each others ear and give you a chance to lay out the leaders.

Honestly, I hope it happens. Most fishing now is on -Lycoming, Sock, Muncy around picture rocks area. Heading for 5 days fly talking, ear bending, fun and fantasy on Big Pine.

Great fishing and don't forget the tiny sulphurs, 18 and 20, 0n a 15ft. 6x and lighter leader. white, orange, yellow of different shades and you got some fish!

Maxima12

I have a feeling Maxima can entertain for hours around a camp fire. I can't always follow the writing but I can tell he's a character.

I'm only 33 and I can barely thread a hook smaller than a size small 18!!

Ryan, you bet, I like the story of the old man, walking Pine Creek Rails to Trails, with glowing red eyes, smoking a pipe, looking for the Indians that took his family, with a vengeance in mind to eliminate the Indians and take back his wife and children. A good one at a nice campfire.

Well, actually the old mans red eyes are vibrant colors of blue, yellow and red, burning at a super high temp. The sparks and flames flow with a long snake like movement, every time he turns his head rapidly. Like molten rock from a pillowing volcano. Saliva, running down his chin, entangled in his grey long beard. This dude means business. His muscular hands and arms gripping in one hand a long, fixed bladed knife, honed to razor sharpness and in the other a double edge axe, fine tuned for not only chopping, but a throwing axe with precise accuracy!

Maxima12

maxima12 wrote:
Ryan, you bet, I like the story of the old man, walking Pine Creek Rails to Trails, with glowing red eyes, smoking a pipe, looking for the Indians that took his family, with a vengeance in mind to eliminate the Indians and take back his wife and children. A good one at a nice campfire.

Well, actually the old mans red eyes are vibrant colors of blue, yellow and red, burning at a super high temp. The sparks and flames flow with a long snake like movement, every time he turns his head rapidly. Like molten rock from a pillowing volcano. Saliva, running down his chin, entangled in his grey long beard. This dude means business. His muscular hands and arms gripping in one hand a long, fixed bladed knife, honed to razor sharpness and in the other a double edge axe, fine tuned for not only chopping, but a throwing axe with precise accuracy!

Maxima12

That's the most coherent post of yours that I've ever read.

jifigz, keep on a routine of practice. Try a little smaller hook. start with a 26. When you are able to tie a 28 to 32 on tippet and hook a Canadian nightcrawler on the hook.????

Well, we all will have another nickname to call you.

Cool, Cool, Summer Breeze! Behold the flowering Common Meadow Rue and Sweet Flag. A good time for trying Beetles.

Maxima12

Maxi, if you plan to hit the Pine around 7/17, keep a close eye on those water temps. It's been a good chunk above 70 lately and it'll be tough trout fishing but the smallies should be on fire.

There's always the colder tribs and campfires with colder beer.
Have fun and enjoy your trip!

Birddog, have faith, water flows are great. Hot days, still cool nights, I am always thinking of spinner falls on Big Pine, Trico's, Midge, Sulphurs, Olives etc. Lot will happen on or about 7:30 pm, with a small start, building up to an eye opening, what the hell, holy mackerel, do you have what they want! There's fish everywhere. I might have it figured out. Be doing a lot of study. Have tied 100's and 100's super looking stuff. Not super looking to me but super food treat to "Old Joe".

Now, as far as Big Pine goes, let me tune you in on a nice hole on Little Pine Creek, A favorite of mine. English Center about a mile up road , heading to Oregon Hill, Big deep hole where creek turns and heads towards Texas Blockhouse. I believe before rt 284, who knows rt anyway. Fished it before dawn, after dawn, mourning, mid day, evening, late evening, night. I consider this a worthy place to fish.

And again, stop at Harpers and have a cheese steak to keep you happy before fishing this hole. Oh yea, give it some time. Take a friend and a case of beer. You, most likely will leave the hole before it is time. At least you have the case of beer.

You boys want to talk fishing, let's do it! Have a 100 more great spots. Quit washing dishes and running sweeper, TIME IS RIGHT! Excuse me! got to go fishing!

Maxima12

Seems to me you like this post!

Most have put fishing gear. away, Too hot!

Reminds me of "turn it on". UFO too hot to handle!

Sha la la , take me away, too hot to handle.

Now, right now. Start your beginning! Fish now, or sit in the back row and don't ask questions! Its like pulling teeth! I take one , I might as well take 3. Teeth that is.

Maxima12

Back