FISH! , OR, PLAY CARDS, SLEEP!, LAUNDRY, ROUTINE HABIT'S!

M

maxima12

Nine days straight, another, tomorrow, Loyalsock, Muncy ,Lycoming creeks. I have found size 18 and 20. Parachutes, Dry's, Spinner's in yellow, Sulphur orange and white/ cream to be the ticket!

I am using a 15 ft. leader with 1 and 2 lb. tippet. 1 lb. too light, lot's of breaks. 2 lb., okay, few breaks. But , 1lb. is getting more action!

Nice fish on Sock and Lycoming, small but more on Muncy!

'FISHING IS GREAT'. Don't be fooled, by all the rain. Best year in 10! Fish are loaded in streams. 30 to 50 working small dries. Streams are at a all time high, water quality is good, temps are good, still wear waders.. Days of walking across stream and not get feet wet are GONE!

As we say to each other, "hook em outta there". Enjoy, all Pa. has to offer! I see good fishing to Sept. Then watch out, then it starts again!

Tie some yellow, white and orange with white posts, parachute style, spent wing with poly same color,mregular catskill, same colors in, big as 16's to 20's.

Will be tying some 22's and 24's. Let you know the deal, later!
Having trouble on 1lb. tip. Nice fish!

Hah!

8x ? Time to go home.

Well I'm glad that you are having luck trout fishing. I've been striking out with the smallies pretty badly.

jifigz wrote:
Well I'm glad that you are having luck trout fishing. I've been striking out with the smallies pretty badly.

The J looks like it came down to a decent level. Bad to hear the smallie fishing hasn't really picked up. I've been fishing the smaller streams in SEPA without much luck either. I'm hoping the hit the big river (Susky) soon. Hopefully things will pick up. I know the high water for the last two season has hurt the spawn and YOY populations, which will show in future years, but the adult population should be good. Time will tell.

maxima12 wrote:

I am using a 15 ft. leader with 1 and 2 lb. tippet. 1 lb. too light, lot's of breaks. 2 lb., okay, few breaks. But , 1lb. is getting more action!

BUSTED! You sir, are just another youngster posing as an old guy.

I can't recall ever using a leader longer than 10 foot, almost never use tippet smaller than 5X and never smaller than 6X.

With all the breakoffs, do you really catch more, or just decorate more with your flies?

I also don't use any flies smaller than size 18. Even if I wanted to, my near vision aint what it used to be and I can't see to tie on a size 20 anymore. 18 is bad enough.

If the dominant hatch is something smaller, I go with something entirely different, or go target panfish.

Disclaimer: I'm not being cruel. First line was not meant as an insult, but I'm sure you knew that. Others might not.

Meh. I just use 12 lb Maxima

My leaders are commonly 18 ft long and taper to 6 and 7x at times. Age has nothing to do with it.

Oh boy! When the old trout has his eyes focused on small, small 18's, 20 - 22. He wont give up to a size 14. This generally happens when sulphurs are hatching. And the wing, up, down, spent. Better get that right too! When 50 trout are rising, you might get lucky with a slate drake right now. Catching a few, or two, or one. I am almost there, starting to show some numbers, like 3 or 4 per person. Not the best but better then rest. Most have left the streams for other duties.

Maxima12 and friends have a trip planned on the 17th of July for Big Pine Creek, Browns Run Area. About 5 days. We will be geared up on the small flies. I am thinking, I will teach the boy's about trico's and midges.

Hell, my pals think a trico is a new scope for a hunting rifle. Now, we will have all the other big stuff. But the itsy, teeny, little fly will produce.

Result, if no fish, will be a true spectacle of brotherhood on the stream. Fun, laughter, beer, dogs and burgers! Trout are just a plus factor! I love fishing! I love Pa., I love the brotherhood. The best part, "IT LOVES ME BACK".

Maxima12

Oh boy! When the old trout has his eyes focused on small, small 18's, 20 - 22. He wont give up to a size 14. This generally happens when sulphurs are hatching. And the wing, up, down, spent. Better get that right too! When 50 trout are rising, you might get lucky with a slate drake right now. Catching a few, or two, or one. I am almost there, starting to show some numbers, like 3 or 4 per person. Not the best but better then rest. Most have left the streams for other duties.

Maxima12 and friends have a trip planned on the 17th of July for Big Pine Creek, Browns Run Area. About 5 days. We will be geared up on the small flies. I am thinking, I will teach the boy's about trico's and midges.

Hell, my pals think a trico is a new scope for a hunting rifle. Now, we will have all the other big stuff. But the itsy, teeny, little fly will produce.

Result, if no fish, will be a true spectacle of brotherhood on the stream. Fun, laughter, beer, dogs and burgers! Trout are just a plus factor! I love fishing! I love Pa., I love the brotherhood. The best part, "IT LOVES ME BACK".

Maxima12

Maxima12

Maxima12

Maxima12

Maxima12

Maxima12

Maxima12

Yep, nothing like repeating myself. Seems to work in the old days. How about now!. Get it, it's hot!

perfect time for Rush, Caress of Steel album. Set you sights high!

Most likely, you will never understand me. Most likely, i will never understand you. To that, i say, Let's go fishing and let the understanding to the WISE ONES.

Understanding, out the window when it comes to fly fishing. Will we ever understand! I caught a trout with one eye, missed two trout with two eyes, what about all those with six eyes. 2 front, 2 side and 2 back
If you see me cutting a sharp stick, means i am going in. Tried it before and got nothing. Seems an angle thing underwater.

No matter how good you are, you are really not good enough!

Maxima12 to Maxima 12. Do you come in! I can hardly hear you.

Nope, we lost him! "GOOD".

Maxima you definitely know how to have a good time in PA's streams and woods. I see your from picture rocks that is a nice little town I have a buddy who lives there. Plenty of wild browns in big and little muncy.

If you know how to get a good drift, you'll never have to go below 6x.

Krayfish, been some time, how the heck are you! Have Missed all your knowledge on Delaware. Look forward to seeing more. As a old man, friends and I were very concerned about the Majestic River. Hope we did not loose. Hope you are well. I personally have a lot of faith and lift, when you speak. Please don't stop! Men like you are called the GOLDEN COIN. 2 reasons, One to show and one for the pocket!

Yours truly,

John Fave

Lyco, your another one. why are you holing out, You got more than I will ever have knowledge of. Let it out Big Brother, with a big "SHOUT".

Well getting to this subject. "SHOUT IT, SHOUT IT OUT LOUD"!

I KNOW THIS IS NOT A SUBJECT OF TALK, MOST LIKELY A SUBJECT OF HONESTY, RELIABILITY, UNDERSTANDING AND MOST OF ALL, TRUE FELLOWSHIP.

Lucky, Lucky, Lucky! I was here in the Perfect Time, when more and more reality set in. Do not let pipelines, lumber giants, gas, filthy rich prevail.

Sometimes, being yourself, is all you got, don't lose it!

Maxima12

Back