Fish & Boat Summer Meeting Scheduled for July 13-14 in Harrisburg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Acristickid
Football is king. Hockey is second.

Selected golf- however; really only watch the Masters,The British Open and the Open.

March madness is the only basketball I really watch- maybe a few PITT games. Basketball is below golf hahah.

Okay- who picked bull riding? I suspect if you had curling on there someone would have selected that.

Last edited by a moderator:
jayL
Hockey and baseball. Watch golf and racing but don't follow it.

Last edited:
T
I never really got the hype of watching team sports, myself.

Like to watch mountain biking and big mountain snowboarding.

Selected cycling and hunting/fishing.

On a side note, I love to play golf, but watching golf is an 18 hole sleeping pill for me.

Last edited:
Fishin4Smallies
Pittsburgh Sports and ND football. I love baseball but the 16 consecutive losing seasons here in Pittsburgh is causing me to die a slow and painful death. I do watch fishing shows but I cant stand how it is basically is a big ad for Berkely or whatever product the shows host is pimping!

Last edited:
D
The Pennsylvania Fish and Boat Commission (PFBC) will consider authorizing several property-related matters to improve public fishing and boating access in Erie, Venango and Lebanon counties when the agency holds its summer quarterly meeting on July 13-14 at its Harrisburg office.

Among other items on the formal agenda, commissioners will consider approving a $400,000 grant to American Rivers, Inc. for the removal of Howell Dam and stream bank and habitat restoration activities along Sewickley Creek in Westmoreland County. The funding comes from the Pennsylvania Turnpike Commission to mitigate impacts associated with a reconstruction and widening project in the area.

Staff has recommended that commissioners approve three grants exceeding $100,000 as part of the Sinnemahoning Creek Watershed Restoration program in Cameron, McKean, Elk and Potter counties. The grants include $240,000 to the Cameron County Conservation District; $315,400 to the McKean County Conservation District; and $114,695 to the Western Pennsylvania Conservancy. At the conclusion of its meeting on Tuesday, the Commission will announce 21 additional grants of up to $100,000 as part of the restoration program.

Commission committees will meet beginning at 10 a.m. on Monday, July 13, and again at 8 a.m. on Tuesday, July 14. Formal consideration of the agenda by the full Commission will begin at approximately 2:15 p.m. on Tuesday, July 14. All committee meetings and the review of the agenda are open to the public.

A complete copy of the meeting schedule and the full agenda for the meeting can be found on the Commission’s web site at http://www.fish.state.pa.us/minutes.htm .

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back