First Trip to the WB of the Delaware!

zephyr

zephyr

Hey guys, Im making my first trip up to fish the boarder waters of the wb of the Delaware. Ive been looking at the fishing report for the past couple days and they say that their has been little bug activity on the warmer days. I have my quill gordens, Blue Quills, small olives and stone flies. My question is has anyone fished this system recently and have seen flies coming off? or is it more of a sporadic thing because temps are still on the chilly side? Tight Lines

Heard from a guide friend that daytime dry fly fishing was good right now.

Hendricksons

Perfect, I like the sound of afternoon fly activity. Thats why I am heading up to hopefully catch something on the dry in the afternoon and something on a streamer in the morning!

Hatches started and then the cold snap slammed the door on them. With the lower flows, slightly higher overnight temps and sunshine, the water temps have bounced back. I have 2 buddies up there since mid week and they've done well. Hatches have been limited to after lunch and only last a short period. That will change in the next day or two. As usual, where you fish will determine what bugs you see. Heading up myself to try and nail a few bows. Good luck.

Gotcha, I planned on fishing around the Gamelands, to Balls eddy and hales eddy. Hoping for some good hatches. Just tied up some blue quill and henderickson. Hoping for some good activity on Sunday, As it will be the warmer day this weekend. Best of luck and Tight Lines Kray!

Definately try some hendrickson emergers, if you have any. I've heard of people having some great luck with buggers in the slow stuff.

Back