First time post.

V

Vera-Cruzian

I just fished the Hosensack creek for the first time on Saturday. I’m always on the lookout for lower pressure waters in the Lehigh valley area, and didn’t see another person all day. I accessed it from a preserve nearby, and only saw fish in a slow deep section, caught one. Is there any other public water on this creek? I’m not naming it for fear of spot burning, since I didn’t see anyone else all day. Appreciate any info.

I just fished the Hosensack creek for the first time on Saturday. I’m always on the lookout for lower pressure waters in the Lehigh valley area, and didn’t see another person all day. I accessed it from a preserve nearby, and only saw fish in a slow deep section, caught one. Is there any other public water on this creek? I’m not naming it for fear of spot burning, since I didn’t see anyone else all day. Appreciate any info.
I don’t see where there is any publicly owned areas of hosenack creek. PPL owns a nice chunk and I bet you wouldn’t get harassed there but they could give you the boot.

I'm confused by this post. You name the creek, but then you say you are not naming it for fear of spot burning it. You say you like lightly pressured waters near a high population area, but then you broadcast the name of the stream on a public forum?

I am, along with many others, here to help as much as I can. I am genuinely confused by your post, however.

Sorry for the confusion, I was not mentioning the preserve. I’ve seen the creek mentioned on here before, so I wasn’t concerned about naming it. There were marked trails that followed the creek for a mile or so, so I assumed I could fish there. The signs say you can hunt there as well.

Sorry for the confusion, I was not mentioning the preserve. I’ve seen the creek mentioned on here before, so I wasn’t concerned about naming it. There were marked trails that followed the creek for a mile or so, so I assumed I could fish there. The signs say you can hunt there as well.
If it is a preserve, then it will be easily discoverable by anyone. Also, anyone with an OnX subscription or the likes will be able to effectively determines who owns the entire stream corridor. When HopBack above mentioned that he didn't see any publicly owned areas, that is probably how he gained that information.

I don’t see where there is any publicly owned areas of hosenack creek. PPL owns a nice chunk and I bet you wouldn’t get harassed there but they could give you the boot.

Actually Met-Ed owns that property and it is heavily posted and patrolled ever since they fortified (and I DO mean fortified) that substation and others they operate in the area.

I wouldn't recommend fishing on their property...

Besides the preserve, it is posted up really well, especially the Class A. One particular landowner owns a very big chunk and is often out working on the farm. I would stay in the preserve....

Actually Met-Ed owns that property and it is heavily posted and patrolled ever since they fortified (and I DO mean fortified) that substation and others they operate in the area.

I wouldn't recommend fishing on their property...

Met ed owns the building but not the property itself. PPL probably leases it to them. It’s unfortunate because PPL has typically been a great steward of their lands and leaves as much as possible open for public use

Attachments

• IMG_3483.png
    IMG_3483.png
    715.7 KB · Views: 24
Back