First Fork Sinnemahoning

Do you tie? If so, I love parachutes. If you don't tie, PM me your address if interested

Shhhh..... kidding, no secrets on the first fork, it's all in front of you until you get further up. I'm biased because it's my favorite stream to fish but that's mainly because of the scenery, only a few valleys in pa where you can trout fish and see elk crossing the creek along with all the other pa creatures

Reactions: GHM
Shhhh..... kidding, no secrets on the first fork, it's all in front of you until you get further up. I'm biased because it's my favorite stream to fish but that's mainly because of the scenery, only a few valleys in pa where you can trout fish and see elk crossing the creek along with all the other pa creatures
Ha, I don't know my anything about it..I was just gonna send him some flies. I've never been to the First Fork.

Thinking about going to First Fork in may, anyone that knows the hatches up there have any patterns that I should tie up. All I have tied for hatches is BWO’s and quill gordons. Also, would a 5wt be a good rod for that stream? Thanks for any help and/or suggestions.
Gavin
Lots of good advice here. If you take anything from this thread, always have some sulfur’s in your box. Various sizes and color tones.

Last year on West Branch of Pine, I was fishing a March Brown hatch in mid-June. Different stream, I know, but those fish were cued in on MB's and MB;'s only. Any other fly didn't get a look.

Right at dusk swinging a partridge and orange was dynamite, though.
They more then likely Slate Drakes(Isonychia).

Back