First Fork Simmehoning

RonB

RonB

Heading North Sunday or Monday. Want to hit First Fork for a few days then head to Pine Creek for a few. Anyone fish the First Fork recently and how is it fishing. Usually hit the delayed harvest area.

I drove past the lower end of the First Fork the other day. It looked good. I dont know how much rain they got up there. We hit a couple pockets with strong downpours but they seemed to pass quickly. You may want to check out the USGS stream gauge in Wharton to see where its at.

Thanks for the response. If it is not fit to fish we will find somewhere that is fit. Really don't have time to change when we are going.

My Records indicate a flow of

If the big creeks are too high, fish the smaller streams in the region.

I fished First Fork belowCostello all weekend. Caught quite afew fish near the bottom on hares ears andbuggers. Water is cold and murky. Didnt see any fish rising yet.

Never fished the stream, but I always wondered how is the First Forks wild trout population?

Not bad in the upper end, gotta get above Costello, though for significant numbers of wild fish.

I ended up going to the First Fork this past Tuesday and came back on Memorial Day. Tuesday evening caught some fish on Sulphers in DHALO. Then the rain hit Tuesday night into Wed. Also had storms North of there weds night which brought the creek up and muddy for a few days. The first time I was able to wade was on Sunday. Fish were hitting on Grey Foxes pretty good Sunday.

I'm FINALLY getting back up to First Fork this weekend!! Anybody flyfishing still? I usually do well on BWO and wooly buggers this time of year. Catch em' and release em quick!

Back