First Fish

R

rufus

I caught my first trout today in a creek that is within walking distance from my house. It's a 10" brown trout. It struck at my fly a few times before it finally took it. I'm not sure exactly what fly it is, but it attracted a few strikes from the two holes that I fished. This is the only fish I caught.

215823_1768688773238_1119763132_31714041_3720958_n.jpg

Glad to here you got your first trout on a fly, it didn't take you to long to get one. Hope you catch a lot more.

It just gets better from here on out!

Very nice. Is it a small creek?

Not only did you catch your first trout on a fly rod, but a pretty nice looking wild brown to boot. That can be some tough fishing, but can also be an absolute blast. Congrats!

Congrats! I got that same feeling last week. It's awesome!

Hey, would you happen to have a spare iphone? :lol:

First trout is a ten inch wild brown trout on a stream. Very impressive, keep up the good work

Oh, and I started with that very same SA combo, good stuff.

congrats on your first fly fish. Hopefully a trophy you'll always remember.

Its a pretty small creek... the Pocono creek in case anyone is familiar with it. It is stocked, but no where near where I was fishing.

I was out pretty much all day today. I had NOTHING with my fly rod. The best I could do was get one to follow my bugger in to me. I used buggers and egg patterns all day. I had black, olive, and olive bead head buggers. I then went and caught 7 on my spinning rod. They were all deep and most were on the opposite side of the creek, which is beyond my casting ability (this isn't the same stream that I caught the brown on, this one is heavily stocked). Sorta aggravating.

Congratulations, now the bug bites hard. After you catch one you got to keep coming back for more.
Wat to go.

njk3395 wrote:
Oh, and I started with that very same SA combo, good stuff.

me too, it's a pretty nice setup for under $100!

Very good deal... I got a brand new one off ebay for $40. Its a older version with the VHS. Same rod, but the newer reels have disc drag setups while the old one has the other setup.

Back