fire tiger

djmyers

djmyers

i fished this over the weekend on the west branch of the susquehanna. The smallies and rock bass just hammered this fly.

Worm Hook 2/0
dumbbell eyes tied to make ride hook point up
yellow/orange rabbit for belly
Flashabou
two strips of olive/black rabbit on top.
pheasant feather for cheek
craft fur head colored with marker

Attachments

• fire tiger new 1.JPG
    fire tiger new 1.JPG
    565.9 KB · Views: 7
That's pretty sweet. Firetiger or Yellow Perch patterned crank baits were always my favorite colors for river/creek Smallies so it makes sense they'd like your tie there.

I tied up some minnow immitations that are similar in color pattern with angel hair. Caught a few but not to sucessful. Not sure but I think the smalies are grabbing the tail of my flies so I tied a couple up with a stinger hook riding point up. I hope it improves my hookup ratio.
Nict pattern you tied.

good greif.. Dumbbell eye, rabbit and craft fur. Looks great!! did it cast like a wet tube sock? and muskies?

It actually casted really well. The rabbit strips are short. The yellow is only half the length of the hook gap, and the top strips are only to the bend of the hook. The overall length of the fly isn't all that large. I am sure that Muskies wouldn't have a problem taking it, but I would throw flies 4 times the size of this one at them.

Looks great. Use for strippers on Raystown tied on 4/0. Killer fly.

this looks really great! i would love to make my own creation someday, i hope i can find time for it so that i can post my work here too although i still have to find more inspiration to what i will do so that i can also be creative with it.

Back