Feeling a little boxed in

jgmcclain

jgmcclain

Hey guys, (and Girls)

I need a little bit-o-help

My older brother has agreed to be my best man at my impending wedding. I was looking to get him something fly fishing related for his grooms man gift. While the budget does not allow for a Sweetgrass, or a Winston as much as I would love to be able to.

I was kicking around the idea of getting him a really nice fly box tie up a bunch of his favorite patters to fill in some of the empty space. something that he would be able to have years from now. I was going to get a plate engraved and chem-weld it to the side.

I own a C&F, and like them alot, but I'm not so sure they are heirloom type quality. I was kicking around the idea of the Orvis Carbon fiber, but again, the case may last for ever but the foam will fail. That and while they show some coachmans in that box it is not Dry fly friendly.

Anyone know of, seen, or heard of some top-of-the line fly boxes that would fit the bill here. I was also kicking around the C&F systems box, were you can put in foam inserts to fit the bill, that is probably the best thing i've come up with at this point.

Please let me know if you guys have any ideas.

An engraved Wheatley compartment box would be nice. Any place that would engrave a plate should be able to do something on one of those. Very classy and definitely heirloom quality. Don't be afraid of the combination foam/compartment models - the foam is replaceable for a lifetime of use (and then some). :cool:

Check out the Orvis Black Walnut Wheately box - for $8 they'll even engrave it for you........

The Wheatley is a fine idea. I saw a post on another board where a member had three. Two from his parents and one from his wife. They were engraved with his name, date, and a short verse, (from a book). Your best man will cherish this long after that Winston has been replaced. Good Luck.

Rolf

PS - Wish I could get one from my wife.

Back