Faylor-Middlecreek Lake and Walker Lake

TimMurphy

TimMurphy

Dear Board,

So after wanting a kayak for a decade I finally bought a Native 12XC. I also bought a kayak for the missus to use as she likes to fish too.

I'd like to try a new place and was wondering if anyone can tell me about these two lakes? If not them, then any other choices within an hours drive of Harrisburg would be worth hearing about. I picked these two because I figure that even on a weekend since they are not in a State Park they may have a little less fishing traffic?

We are familiar with Memorial Lake, Little Buffalo, and Sweet Arrow Lake as they are close to home, but we would like to expand our choices.

Regards,

Tim Murphy

Harrisburg, PA :)

Tim,

Both are fine lakes worth exploring. I've fished both a lot over the years. Good populations of crappie, bass, gills, etc. One thing I will say is that the panfish run on the smaller side compared to some other lakes I've fished. Both lakes also have bullheads, channel cats, carp, and northerns. These lakes are worth exploring but better fishing opportunities are in the areas not too far away.

Back