favorite quote

“There are some people who, if they don’t already know, you can’t tell ‘em.” Yogi Berra

"No matter where you go....there you are."

"I forgot more about _________ than you will ever learn." I have always questioned how this is somehow supposed to make me feel impressed with someones prowess.

When I go to a party with my wife....I sometimes for a laugh introduce her as my first wife. Hi john, I would like to introduce you to my first wife Beth. Then watch there eyes roll around as their brain chuggs to a stop, mouth drops and then closes.

Or for kicks I will ask my mother in law if I can talk with my "old lady" when my wife is over there.

“A man who tries to carry a cat home by its tail will learn a lesson that can be learned in no other way”.

Mark Twain

"If this here gun goes off, it'll be the first thing that ever was inside yer head"

Festus
"Hard Luck Henry”

When I was a boy of fourteen my father was so ignorant, I could hardly stand to have the old man around. But when I got to be twenty-one I was astonished at how much the old man had learned in seven years .... Mark Twain

"There's a fine line between fishing and standing on the shore like an idiot." Steven Wright

"I used to like fishing because I thought it had some larger significance. Now I like fishing because its the one thing I can think of that probably doesn't." John Geirach

And to expand on an earlier post:

"To be, or not to be" Shakespeare

"Or as western Pennsylvanians would say it, "or not"". An out of state college roomate of mine.

"If I have to put forth any effort at all; you can tell her to forget it." -zenriver

"Give a man a fish and you feed him for a day; teach a man to fish and you feed him for a lifetime."

Maimonides 1135 - 1204 Spanish Philosopher

"If you like what you're getting, keep doing what you're doing" It doesn't get any more simple. ;-)

In light of this godawful winter I tought this was appropriate:
Winter is icumen in,
Lhude sing Goddamm,
Raineth drop and staineth slop,
And how the wind doth ramm!
Sing: Goddamm.
Skiddeth bus and sloppeth us,
An ague hath my ham.
Freezeth river, turneth liver,
Damm you; Sing: Goddamm.
Goddamm, Goddamm, 'tis why I am, Goddamm,
So 'gainst the winter's balm.