Excellent customer service from Redington (Far bank)

B

bringthepain

So i bought a pair of Escape Zip Waders in 2021, i think they were about $225 ( 1 year warranty). I didnt lubricate the water proof zipper as i should have and this past spring it failed. The pull came off. I attempted to repair and could not.

I called them, i was looking to pay for a repair. The guy says if more than a year old nothing we can do, we dont repair them, if they were in the warranty period we would replace for 50 bucks.

I tried various ways to get them fixed and arrived at the conclusion it wasnt worth it for the cost vs. just buying new waders. It bugged me that they were in good shape otherwise so i called again. Keep in mind i have no record of the purchase just the tag from when they were new. This guy says, get em clean, put whatever you got in the box and send it they might take care of you. Worst case you are out the shipping cost and they'll send em back to you if they wont do anything.

I sent them like a month ago and last week got an invoice from them for 50 bucks, so paid it. Yesterday a brand new identical pair of waders showed up at my door. I like Redington stuff anyway, i have 2 Rise 3 reels, a bunch if spools for said reels, etc. I won't hesitate to buy their gear moving forward.

I have as similar story on my Sage Rod. I had a 22 year old Sage LL graphite rod 8'6" 4wt. I was like a member of my family. While fishing with Silent Ocelot in June I slipped and fell breaking the tip of the rod and my heart as the same time. I contacted Far Bank to learn that the tip could not be replaced. For $220.00 including shipping they sent me new a R8 486-4. When the tube arrived damaged they sent me a new one, no questions asked. GREAT COMPANY!!!

Reactions: CRB
1100.00 rod for 220.00. Wow great deal. The LL is a really nice rod but the 8 1/2 R8 rods in 4 and 5wt are super.

Ugh. I have a Redington that had cork issues straight out of the shrink. Good to hear they're treating everyone right, but I'm not looking forward to dealing with it. (Hence fishing the rod anyway for the past year)

Today I received a Sonic 590-4 as a replacement for a 590 RPL. A fellow member broke the RPL on a stumble in the Lehigh R. I sent the broken rod out on 6-24. Excellent turnaround considering they didn't get the rod until 7-3, had a long holiday weekend, and then had to ship the new rod across country.

A+++

Back