Esox Success

slay12345

slay12345

I finally did it. After a year and a half trying, only 2 lazy follows and no swipes, near misses, bumps, taps, let goes or any other close calls... My fly got the bite from my esox friend.

That's awesome, Josh! Beautiful fish. Congratulations! All your hard work and persistence has paid off.

Hurray!

That's a nice lookin purebred - appears to have some post spawn scuff marks, but a healthy muskie.

Folks on this forum love to scrutinize the colors on wild trout but other fish are fun to examine too. If you look at this guy, he has some very neat semi-circular, leopard style spots.

Congrats on the catch. I too finally got one in March after as long of a search and about the same follows, swipes and bumps you had. Here is a photo of my esox friend. 42" and somewhere around 20 lbs. Can't wait for my next one.

Attachments

• 9615.jpg
    9615.jpg
    9.4 KB · Views: 3
I would have sworn Slay's was a tiger. I didn't realize that purebreds can have all those spot/stripes. Thought that was only tigers. Very cool fish regardless.

Congrats Devil Dog :pint:

nice still working on my first successful landing, I need to get out more

Thanks all, it was exhilarating!

I will say the 9 weight felt like a limp noodle compared to conventional tackle but it certainly held up to the challenge. I'm ready for the next one!

Congrats fly-flinger. It's worth the wait. Yours looks like a solid fish!

Frederick, devil dog by relation. My brother was a amtrack driver and the boonie is the spoils of his enlistment. It certainly comes in handy on the misty days to keep the water off your neck.

That's a awesome fish man! Super congrats! Last year was my first year going for them on the fly. I have had 6follows and I had one fish eat last year but my strip set was sub-par. Needless to say I'm hooked! Seeing success keeps me pushing forward. ????????????????

Very nice, congratulations. It's been a few years since I've caught a muskie, and I've never caught one on the fly. Soon.....

congrats man, still working on a pike!

Back