ERIE IN THE SPRING

F

ftanner

ANYONE HAVE ANY SUGGESTION ON A GOOD WEEKEND NEVER FISHED ERIE IN SPRING ONLY FALL

keep an eye on uncle johns website

http://unclejohnselkcreekcamp.com/Web%20Cam.htm

It's still pretty frozen over. I wouldn't make the trip up just yet. Just an FYI, the fall run was just downright aweful. There will be fishing opportunities in the spring, but if it is anything like the fall the fish were few and far between compared to prior years. Give it a few weeks an you may have a good window to head up. If you don't see anyone else around, it's usually not a good thing up there lol.

WAS PUSHING FOR END OF MARCH BEGINING OF APRIL

I don't know this first hand, but I have been told the steelhead will hold in the streams into April and they seem to leave when the streams reach some critical temperature (I seem to recall 60 degrees). You should be safe with any weekend from ice-out to mid April.

blank stares in every direction

yes, please, by all means, everyone stay at home. Erie steelhead is no more.

ftanner wrote:
ANYONE HAVE ANY SUGGESTION ON A GOOD WEEKEND NEVER FISHED ERIE IN SPRING ONLY FALL

ftanner wrote:
WAS PUSHING FOR END OF MARCH BEGINING OF APRIL

I would say 03/25 - 03/27 or 04/04-04/06 should meet your requirements. They are weekends. They fall between your range. I find that beer tends to cause my weekends to be better overall, so give that a shot.

Plans changed March 11 is the only weekend everyone else can go hope for the best

Back